1st attempt take 2!-POP

Alrighty, will do. :+1:t2: I appreciate your help!! Thank you!

Ya know I kept thinking, lots of seeds don’t even pop for 14 days over and over in my head so I figured I couldn’t do too much harm! :joy:

2 Likes

I do have a pruning song, not a growing song however:

3 Likes

I was the same way when I first started. Super anxious to get her going hahha. If I could turn back time, I would probably given her like 5 more days in germination. You can see from the early parts of my grow, she wasn’t loving the nutes she was receiving.

2 Likes

#itisalive indeed! Is it just me or does the bottom of the coco pod appear not only to have the tap root sticking out (yep, tickled gently to be sure I wasn’t seeing things) but looking closely at the pic it seems to be teeming with root life today?! :star_struck::hugs::seedling::heart:

2 Likes

Oooh that root grew so much today I can’t even point out which one it was anymore!

3 Likes

I haven’t been posting growing pics!! Today at 3 pm will be the start of day 10. Because I went into early veg for 10-12 hours to help dry my pod out a little then back, I now have the option to stay in germ for 3 more days. Stay or flip to early veg?

Based on first root pics, surprised all the little guys haven’t done more growing…

3 Likes

Hey Ang,

Tell me about your genetics/“strain“, she’s probably good for early veg. however I just want to confirm that your genetics aren’t sensitive to nutrients early on.

1 Like

It’s Amnesia Haze feminized photoperiod from ILGM :grin:
Thanks @SWSVIC!

1 Like

Hey again Ang, sorry for the delay! I would go ahead and flip if you haven’t already!

1 Like

Thank you, I did. :blush: She seemed to experience a growth spurt with the extra nutes from the early flip trying to dry her out, and she seems to finally be experiencing another one with her 2nd set of leaves growing more this morning!! And dangit, I didn’t take a picture!! :roll_eyes: next peek, lol. Hey, so how do you figure out what strains can handle what? :wink:

Due to figuring out a possible leak issue or possibly human error, she was in and out of the box yesterday a LOT and at the end of the day I noticed somewhere along the way her taproot had gotten damaged. Idk how, I was really gentle with her every time I moved her. This morning she still looks good on top. Humidity is way down in the 40s though. Not allowed to put any paper towels or anything in there in case at damp/ half wrung, they were causing moisture buildup below reservoir and on wood in front of nute bottles so :crossed_fingers: that’ll be enough.

Did get a pic of root last night.

3 Likes

As far as determining what is best for your set of genetics, the best you can do is research the breeders website and IG for any tips and guidance. Aside from that, it will just come with experience as you progress in the hobby.

Yikes, what was the leak deal?! Compromised seal on one of your water level float indicators? Glad you got it squared away, hope the roof damage doesn’t inhibit her growth (I don’t think it will, vegetative stage plants are super forgiving).

I ran my entire last grow between 45%-50% RH start to finish and was completely fine. Start researching VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit), this is the indicator that really matters when it comes to temperature and relative humidity.

3 Likes

Thanks! I will definitely look up VPD.

That root seems to be healing and lots of other roots are growing longer and stronger while the taproot mends. :hugs:. Think she looks pretty good up top too, Day 3 of early veg now.

Well there was one wls that was slightly loose, the lowest one, but I didn’t notice any moisture at the rear, just under the right side of the res and in front. It did dawn on me after the fact that we’ve already moved the grobo from one spot in out room to another and I asked my husband, and no, we didn’t level it again when we moved it. It was a wee bit tilted forward, so I suppose a slow leak from that valve could puddle in front without showing in back, yeah? :woman_shrugging:t2: Idk, that does seem more logical to me than my damp paper and cloth towels though. Either way, it doesn’t seem to be pooling in front right now so I think I’m okay :+1:t2:.

6 Likes

Very nice @Angiebaby you’re well on your way. Super green and mucho root growth it’s looking good ! Try to avoid light on the roots as much as you can from here on out I think they will be fine

3 Likes

Hey Vic,

I just wanted to let you know I looked up VPD! :grin:

I am familiar with the concept but I wasn’t familiar with the terminology, thank you. I have thought about how that will help me more and more with more vegetation, and have my dehumidifier ready for down the road, but rh has been a struggle to get right during germination for sure.

New big floor humidifier/air cleaner otw though, can’t wait! :star_struck::grinning: Could this be the end of dry winter skin? :face_with_monocle::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Sounds like a win/win :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes