WTH my Grobo 2 just emptied on the floor for no reason? [Team is working on this!]

I feel like this could happen at anytime, I imagine the unit 1 with the hose inside it would still be a disaster and I know all to well with the water running out, my initial drain hose had a slice in it and would drain half in the bucket and half on my floor, was a pain for the first few weeks but @Todd.grobo hooked me up with the replacement hose free of charge kudos to him and the team!!

4 Likes

I wonder if it could be a software issue or it is a glitch in the water sensors, or what could have triggered it to do so!! HMMMM

2 Likes

Yea at this point I’m afraid to put water in mine.

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo @Stephen I think and only a GUESS, the Grobo iPhone app might have an issue as I did a drain and fill in Grobo “1” only a little before this happened. Then a little after the Grobo “2” just started draining.

1 Like

Still cleaning up, but feeling much better. :rofl:

1 Like

There is my electrical outlet, and there is the Grobo 2 drain hose.

NOW do you see WHY I don’t want it draining unless I know it is? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and WHY that can lead to a big issueif it starts to drain on its own without me knowing?

2 Likes

I have 2 units and when switching from 1 to 2, it will show I am on 2 but it never refreshed 2. I know this because I hit the open door with my phone as I never use the back button and the light on the other unit comes on. Then I go back and reselect my unit 2 and try to open the door again and it works.
I believe I am just rushing through.
The unit doesn’t drain on its own. There could be a leak somewhere which could be investigated as well.

Couple things at play here, so always best to open a ticket as he’s done. We’ll get it resolved.

3 Likes

No it is faulty. I just did a fill and second it finished, it emptied on the floor again. I am standing here watching it now. App is closed, said fill complete. I finished up, 5 seconds later I hear4 somehting, look over and its draining on the floor. I was right there with a bucket though so not much got on the floor.

So SOMETHING is wrong.

Also now the pump will not even turn off, it is empty and still going. I had to unplug it.

1 Like

Also completely emptied my brand new nutes.

3 Likes

Gonna leave it like this :grinning: until we figure it out. Maybe one of the water sensors is off, I dont know.

1 Like

Only troubleshooting, I put in about 1 gallon of water to keep the probes and everything wet and that amount did not cause any issues. The light, pump and fan also seem to be working now.

Maybe in an hour, I will add a little more water to see IF I can trigger a drain.

I poured in this water withOUT going thru the app. Opened the top and poured it in as I want to not go thru the app and see what happens.

I wanted to make sure people know, I am OK fooling with this and I know it will work out in the end. So sorry for all my fussing, if not so close to Thanksgiving I might not even care :grinning: but I need to get that room fixed up as people will be over later this week.

1 Like

Almost 23 pounds and gonna try to make it myself. :rofl:

3 Likes

I filled the Grobo manually and started a “test” grow to see what happens. I dont have a seed or any nutes, going to see what happens with the water.

I am only GUESSING, but I think, this issue might only effect people with more than 1 Grobo in the app. I might remove Grobo 1 from the app to see what happens if I need to. Also not sure if only the iPhone app or also Android, I use an iPhone.

2 Likes

Yeah. I feel ya

1 Like

Hey @TheDogMan,

Just tried to reach out via phone to get some extra info on this event, but missed you, unfortunately. I’ll try back in a bit to see if we can connect.

I spent a couple of hours this morning with the engineering team reviewing your case. Here are a couple of observations we have so far.

1. We are worried about your ‘extension cord’ modification that is not GFI certified so close to a large reservoir of water. This is not safe.
  2. We see in the pictures you’ve shared that you’ve removed the dosing controller board completely at some point in your setup modifications. This is not recommended, as it comes pre-assembled and we are worried something has happened to this board.
  3. We do see a command from the app to drain your Gen 2 unit at 12:46 pm yesterday, but are unsure if you did this yourself in your troubleshooting.

The good news is that we’ve not seen this happen before and we’ve not had any reports of it coming into support to date. If anyone has this happen, please email us at support@grobo.io straight away!

Kindly,
Stephen

2 Likes

I am here now. I was on the phone before.

#2 no idea what you mean, that is how it came. I did not take anything a part.

Also do you see a drain command this morning right after the fill?

1 Like

Hey @TheDogMan,

This is the pic we were worried about, is the board just not showing here due to the angle the shot is from?

This is what I’m looking for…

I’ll reach out via phone again now.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Good talking to you just now. Thanks a lot for all the information and tips. I will make the changes you suggested and also fix the top so the wifi is better.

Thanks @TheDogMan,

Enjoy your week off, Thanksgiving for the win! For all of our growers, we think this is wifi-related at this point as a bit of extra ‘enthusiasm’ was added to the top of the unit. (Mylar and the wifi signal are not getting along very well.)

We have a game plan for more troubleshooting and will keep everyone updated!

Kindly,
Stephen

6 Likes