Worried about stunted growth

Hi all,

It’s day 21 of my Sensi Seed Super Skunk. Relative to my cannabis cultivation experience this early veg cycle is taking longer than the traditional methods (soil, pots, grow lights, outdoor, greenhouse…). I understand indicas tend to be shorter and stout but this I believe is an issue with nutrients and/or pH of water. Any advice would be welcomed.

It’s on its 3rd node so far.

2 Likes

A brighter version

1 Like

She might be suffering from damping off. How does the coco pod look and her stalk?

1 Like

Its dry, not bone dry but its not at all damp/moist. The stalk is fine; no rot or fungus. I also don’t see the common coagulation of rhizobia on the the pod.

Do you think it’s fine from a grobo perspective? In other words is this a common issue with growing in a grobo? Am I overreacting and need to be patient?

3 Likes

Glad to hear it doesn’t sound like damping off. I would put in a Grobo support ticket so they can help check to see if everything is normal

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

No problem. I’d check to see if the probe sensors need to be clean and calibrated. I believe at this stage nute bottles #3-5 should be dispensing. You can mark the nute bottles after every drain/fill to make sure they’re getting dispensed

3 Likes

Actually all bottles are dispensing but 3 and 5 are the most.

Is it stunted in your opinion? (Relative to what you seen on this forum and what you personally experienced)

How often do I have to calibrate the sensors? And how do I do it?
Again, thank you for helping me.

2 Likes

Is she a photoperiod seed? I’m assuming that you’re using reverse osmosis water or distilled water right? Based on the pics, she looks healhty. She could be fine and just needs some time to grow but it’s difficult to determine if she’s having any issues right now

3 Likes

There’s a video link on this webpage that shows you how to clean and calibrate the probes: How do I care for my pH probe? – Grobo Help Center

So generally you do not need to calibrate your probes when it comes right out of the box. However, I’ve seen some cases where people had to calibrate their probes on their first grow (I had to do it).

Grobo recommends to clean/calibrate your probes about every 4 months but if you’re using extra nutes or supplements you might need to do it earlier

3 Likes

One thing myself and A LOT of other growers with tents or other grow methods have noticed is that the Grobo is definitely slower when it comes to the other grow methods. In my opinion, it’s a learning tool to give you a return while you learn what to look for when growing cannabis, or a set and forget for the laziest of cultivators. I’ve seen plenty of plants this size at your timeline in the Grobo, just ride it out. She looks healthy, she just needs time. I myself after my first grow moved to a tent with DWC and will be expanding my grow op after I harvest my newest lady. Thee Grobo is going to become home for a jalapeno plant as AZ has limited outdoor growing conditions.

8 Likes

Ok I’ll do this tonight. Thank you buddy.

1 Like

I agree it’s definitely slower. I’ve been growing in greenhouse and outdoor settings for many, many years and this new way is totally different. Thank you.

3 Likes

I would get some lil fans place them inside ur grobo helps for the damping an gives ur plant :seedling: more air :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Those little fans I see in other growers pics? Does grobo sell them?

Thank you

1 Like

https://smile.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-AC-Powered-Playstation-Component/dp/B01MZ6VNII/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=ac+finity+fan&qid=1616985484&sr=8-7

The fans will also increase stalk and stem strength being blown around.

4 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Na u can purchase off of amazon Walmart stuff like that :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

I had a really slow start to my grow as well. I was pretty worried and starting to get bummed but I’m having great results now.

Temperature was my issue. My box was too cold at mid 60s (Fahrenheit). I set a space heater nearby to get the temps into the mid 70s and saw immediate improvement.

I posted on the support page and got help right away.

Keep at it

3 Likes

@NYS,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

- - -

@ClosetBox,

• (That Would Do It, -But- You Are Doing [EveryThing] Right With The Fans -And- Lifting The Pod A Bit): (If You Have Your Own Bubblers [AirStones] Below, You Could Direct Them Shooting Across The Tank Instead Of Facing Up At The Pod): (Drying Out The Pod Is The Right Course Of Action To Take): {:green_thumb:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes