Woodland Get away

Hello,
I am excited to watch my GG #4 grow. I am new to growing cannabis. I see that a lot of pictures with thermometers inside the unit. Mine didn’t come with one should I be using one?
Happy growing,
ARL

9 Likes

Hello! Anything that you see additionally in people’s boxes are purchased, what you got is all there is. That being said I’ve had my box 1.5 years now and I’ve never added a thermometer/hygrometer or much of anything really other than a third fan for better air circulation during flower. It is great to know your environment, especially if you live in warmer/humid climates because you can run into issues with your water temps in the reservoir, which some people have alleviated with water chillers or like myself I moved mine recently to my basement (it’s unfinished in the laundry area so there’s nice, cool concrete for it). I’m not sure how close you have between the unit and the wall there but I would also suggest leaving a good area for fresh “cooler” air around the back, I have a good 1-1.5 ft of clearance behind mine. If there isn’t a lot of room maybe just turn it into the corner there so that it allows for space behind it without pulling it out so much.
Good luck on your grow!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard!
If you are new to growing in any condition the water thermostat will be useful to you.
Using hydroguard to control bacteria is an allternative and really helpful to keep from developing root rot from high temps.
Water thermometers can be purchased for as little as $3 on amazon.

3 Likes

Thanks this is all so interesting! I’ve been reading the comments and post. There is SOOOOOO much to learn. I’ll think about the water chiller and additional fan. I think this hobby will be like my RV…I can always find “one more thing to buy”! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I moved my grobo away from the wall.

Here’s my :baby:t4: girl today day 6.
Thanks again,
Angelique

15 Likes

@Woodland_Getaway,

• ((#Welcome)): :wave::wink:

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

--

4 Likes

Day 16.
She looks happy to me. Any suggestions?
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grinning::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Looks good, keep those roots from the light, they don’t like the light…

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

Happy with my Grobo so far!

3 Likes

Oh snap you Got one of those ! Man! I want one :point_up: nice Grow you got going …Best!

2 Likes

The plant’s looking good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Late Vegetation (Day 12 / 14)

I have topped and trimmed my baby. She is about 6” high and looks to be doing well. Any suggestions for this first time grower?

10 Likes

Looking great, don’t think anything further needs to be done for the time being. Do you have a fan in your grow space? A nice breeze blown directly on her will help keep moisture levels down as well as assist in strengthening your stalk and branches.

4 Likes

Is your GG4 an indica or sativa dom, do you know? You may want to consider extending your late veg a week to let it go past the first fan at least, typically you want it near the second fan. If it’s indica I would extend for sure :100::+1:

4 Likes

Good call @Russel_Richardson

4 Likes

I believe that my Gorilla Glue (GG4) seed are a hybrid strain. How do I extend the time. Also, got got a small fan with a USB port that I will install today. Am I trimming okay. I watched the instructional version several times and am mainly removing the large fan leaves.
Thanks for the help this is a great community.
ARL

3 Likes

Healthy Plant …nice leaf Structure!

4 Likes

In the app go to the maintenance tab and click shift schedule. From there you can extend, go back a stage or forward to the next stage.

3 Likes

Nope. Looks great.

Thanks. I extended it for a week.

1 Like

Looks very healthy…nice and green. Go ahead and extend if you think it’s the right move. My last grow was gorilla glue #4 and I extended it once, which I wish had extended twice because I don’t think got an ounce.

2 Likes