WiFi antenna [RESOLVED]

Hello! Can someone tell me how to place this antenna that Grobi sent me to improve WIFI signal?

1 Like

i think top of the roof. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Do I just stick it on?

Hey @f_mcdonald,

Welcome to the wifi Beta program. You will have to pop the wooden top off of your unit, then you can install the antenna. Here are a couple shots of where the screws are to take off the top and where on the top of PCB0001 board we will be plugging in the uf-I antenna. It just pops in place. Here are our steps.

1. You will power down, pop off the top install the antenna.

2. Remove the two screws in the front of the unit and two screws in the back. Be careful, the top is plugged into the board too! You can hold the white connection and unplug it for now. Put the top aside.

3. Instal the antenna on the board using the pictures below.

4. Plug in your top and replace the screws.

5. Plug in your Grobo and let it boot up!

Cheers,
Stephen

​​​​

4 Likes

Hey @alexxali,

Not great advice my friend. Always look for our Champions for advice on AG, as they all have experience and Grobo units.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

Hey Stephen, what size robertson screwdriver is needed for these screws? I have 8 sizes and none of them fit :woozy_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Hellyesshedid,

(GroboFixMe): FixMe

--

FixMe

5 Likes

Thank you :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo!

2 Likes

@Stephen How do I get one of these, as I started having low wifi signal problems and it is only about 25 feet from my router and I have a wifi camera 100 feet further and it connects fine.

Hey @TheDogMan,

All new units have these installed, but if you have a 2 year old unit, you can email into the team at support@grobo.io and we will hook you up!

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

• ([RESOLVED]):

--

:wink:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes