Why does mine smell like grass

Curious what I am doing wrong. My dried and cured weed smells more like cut grass than canna.

3 Likes

Just went through this with another grower yesterday.

5 Likes

Can you elaborate on your dry and cure process?

4 Likes

I agree grassy weed could be dried to fast… But alot of the time after 3 to 4 weeks the Grassy smell goes away… How long have it been cured?

4 Likes

I read it will smell like tea at harvest and that weed smell won’t really come back unless you’ve cured it properly.

edit: i just harvested my first grow, this was my immediate concern while drying the first couple days. I think whatever is left in the stems and dying leaves are moved into the buds as they slowly dry up. Takes proper curing and burping to get that smell to come out. They have to ‘‘sweat it out’’ in a jar first.

1 Like

Previously I was Drying in the WeDryer rack. This grow I am using the Grobo drying feature and trying to take it slow. Curing is in a big jar that auto-burps once or twice a day.

2 Likes

Have you measured your humidity during drying and curing? How long did you dry for at what RH? How long have you cured for at what RH?

So far the only one :point_up:t4: for me smells :nose: a lil grassy is my gg4 my royal :crown: gorilla :gorilla: did to from the grobo in the beginning but she smells amazing :star_struck: now all the rest smell :nose: on point I agree :point_up:t4: wit @Mpower11 u keep curing it an that smell will change :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Twice a day for the first wk once :point_up:t4: a day the second wk once every other the 3rd wk all 15 min an it just goes less an less like I said my royal :crown: gorilla :gorilla: smells :nose: insane :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Drying in the Grobo the RH is at about 65%. Previously, drying in the WeDryer, no clue. Cured at 62% using Boveda pack to manage it for 8 weeks with it auto burping once or twice a day.

2 Likes

I have a feeling with the WeDryer your humidity might have been too low and dried too fast. At 65% in the Grobo, i’d shoot for double the time…go 10 days IMO (this is about where i’m drying at in my tent right now). As for the cure, if you’re sure it’s at 62% with a hygrometer that should be just perfect!

1 Like

I did 8 days drying in the Grobo. The curing jar is holding at 60.8

1 Like