When should you see something?

We know our seed cracked as it was in paper towels. It is day 7 and still we can’t see anything in the Grobo, no plant or no roots coming out.

By when do we decide to scrap it and try another seed? Should I extend it 7 days and see what happens or wait the remaining 3 days first. Again it did crack in the paper towels and had a small root before putting it in the Grobo.

We might just be impatient not sure.

3 Likes

I would let the 3 days go past for the 10 days it’s supposed if there is no sign 🪧 of life I would scrap it an start over :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

I took the small piece off the top and this is what I saw. It is doing something I think.

Sorry old man eyes, I can’t really see it, had to zoom in on the photo to see. :rofl:

4 Likes

Im going to follow this because im in the same boat

4 Likes

That almost looks like it has turned and started to grow downward. You might have to do some surgery and cut the pod with a razor blade and see what’s going on. What do you think @Todd.grobo @SilverGrobo

6 Likes

likely has curled over and is going down yes. You can gently use tweezers to try to pull it up a bit and unwind it if required. If not pull her out and give it a new try.

6 Likes

I removed the top covering, so I might give it a day to see what happens now that light is hitting it directly…

I have another one ready in case this does not take.

3 Likes

Good and bad. The good, we decided to use the other seed that already cracked and the root is about 1/2 inch long. So ended the grow and redid it from day 1.

The bad is the pod is semi fragile so I had to stop digging around, so part of the old seed root/stalk might still be there. The new 1/2 inch root seed, went in fine. just started the new grow.

If this doesn’t work we have another pod somewhere :grinning: just could not find it right now. We are really in no hurry, this is only for fun.

3 Likes

Wow, only day 2 and already can see it. So I hope this one takes as we went thru 3 out 5 seeds so far and have nothing but this little growth. 1 seed had the problem, we lost 1 :rofl: as we dropped it and with our old men eyes never found it, and now this new one.

4 Likes