What should my ph and ec be

I did my second water change today, day 5/14 of early vegiatation. I am wondering if I check the ec and ph of my water during the week or the old water coming out of the grobo what kind of numbers should I be seeing.

I am really disappointed grobo does not give me access to any of its sensor data, among a laundry list of other thing. It’s fine I have my own meters but I am not certain what targets I should be looking for.

The water I cast out today (ro went in) was ec 0.4 and ph 5.8 any insight on target ranges for different stages of the grow would be idea. Call me ocd, but give the info at hand I’m not inclined to trust the grobo is doing everything as it should.

3 Likes

What your seeing is spot on. Typically when I grow ph is around 5.7 and EC for veg goes between .2-.6. Everyone has different recipes but I wouldn’t worry about the grobo unless your plant has signs of other issues. Hope this helps.

1 Like

@Thejark,

((#WelcomeBack)): :wave::wink:

((#PH)):

Cannabis plants prefer a slightly acidic environment for its roots. Growers using soil as their medium should adjust their pH to a range of 6 to 6.8. For a soilless garden, pH should sit between 5.5 to 6.5.
--
When the pH level is within the normal range, that will mean your plants can take in whatever nutrients they require. The normal pH level for hydroponics is 5.5 to 6.5 while for soil, it will be from 6.0 to 7.0.
--
((#EC)):

https://www.maximumyield.com/search?q=ec+levels&section=all

An EC meter takes all the guesswork out of properly fertilizing plants. Full-strength nutrient formulas usually have a target EC of about 1.8. During the vegetative growth stage, it’s best to keep the EC in the 1.2-1.6 range for most plants.

The TDS meter uses a conversion factor to display EC as an average ppm, usually at about a 700:1 ratio. In other words, an EC of 1 is approximately 700 ppm. Some manufacturers, however, use a 500:1 conversion factor. If you have a TDS meter and you’re not sure which conversion factor to use, it’s safest to use the 700:1 approximation.

I personally have seen great produce produced using an EC range of 0.2 to 3.6, the levels depending on the growing method and the crops being grown. There are charts available detailing ideal levels, but many like to experiment and figure out what works for them. Just remember that when your EC is too high, you will normally see all your worms leave the environment. All of your beneficial fungi and bacteria go dormant after about 1.6 EC or 800 ppm/TDS.
--

I’m just copying what I get from the internet:

:wink:

6 Likes

Grobo changes my PH to 6.2

2 Likes