What seeds are used for hydro?

where can I find hydro seeds? how can I tell the difference?

2 Likes

- - - [2021-12.03]:

@RaysBaseball99,

• (Hydro = Hydroponics, Then -Any- Seed Is Good For This, As Long As You Can Fit The Root System In The Bucket/Basket, -And- Contain The Height Away From The Light Fixture):

• [‘too tall in:title’]: {:mag:}:

• [‘burn in:title’]: {:mag:}:

~~~

@RaysBaseball99,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Well thanks for the response but im wondering now what Im looking for in terms of height of the breed of plant that I buy the seeds to in relation to the grobo i believe I will have a better hydro system after im done with it, but while I have it do you maybe have any suggestions? or know what to ask the seedbank guy? and can you grow the same seeds outdoors in soil that you can grow indoors. Is there some seeds that are meant for indoors only?

1 Like

You can Google or look on YouTube for best short bushy plants and things like that too. I did once and I ended buying Barneys Farm Do Si Dos and Wedding Cheesecake. Both were listed one place as good grows for “roughly” the size of a Grobo.

1 Like

I would suggest a photoperiod indica to start with. They’re usually short and bushy.

Some strains do better indoor than out, some are the opposite. Also some prefer warmer grow climates while some prefer colder. Most seed banks should have the majority of this info on the page for each seed.

1 Like

Not sure if the link saves the selections. But I like this site because you can filter by plant height and I have had great luck with their seeds. I have some Death Star that are just getting started. Also the nice thing about feminized rather than auto is that if it starts to get too tall, just flip it to flower. I go by the general rule of flipping once it gets to the second fan.

Not sure if anyone really answered your original question. But there are no differences in seeds used for hydro or soil. Just choosing a strain that fits in the box.

1 Like