Water reservoir capacity?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering what the actual size of the water reservoir tank is? I have found conflicting information. It appears the water tank is actually 2.5 gallon vs. the 3 gal listed on the Grobo Premium product page. What is the correct capacity?

1 Like

Yeah your right…

1 Like

I have read a few posts where champions claim it is 2.8 Gal. I have not tested this but they all seem very sure of it.

It says right on the product page that it’s 11L. The 3gal is likely just rounded up to avoid having to use a decimal place in the description.

2 Likes

I believe that the overall capacity of the tank is 11 L / 3 gallons, but when you fill it to the high water sensor it equals to roughly 2.6 - 2.8 gallons give or take. If you filled the reservoir to the brim it would more than likely be 3 gallons.

On my next fill I am going to measure out 3 gallons and then measure whats left after the fill. Mine wont fill to the upper sensor due to being in late early veg, but it should give a better idea.

2 Likes

Container is 11L, will never fill passed 10L.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I was trying to figure out better additional nutrient dosing - hydroguard, revive, recharge. I was mixing it based on 3 gal but it seems like it’s more like 2.5 gal

2 Likes

You should be premixing those additives in your fill bucket prior to filling. I typically use 3 gallons of distilled water that I then add my additives and beneficials to, correct pH, and then run the fill protocol.

Yes I have been doing that sir! I just noticed the Grobo wasn’t taking in all 3 gallons.

Yea typically takes 2.3 to 2.5 gallons each fill after germ.

1 Like

@miami5th,

• (#TankSize):

• (Minus): :heavy_minus_sign:

• (#RootSpace):

• (#BubbleSpace):

AirStone..--

--

3 Likes

I always use 3 gallons when mixing in Hydroguard, Revive, and other non-grobo nute’s. Makes it easier to properly measure the doses.

3 Likes