Water intake

Day 36, last weeks water dump was about 1.5gal. Today’s water dump was 1gal. Should I add water halfway through the week? She’s thirsty

6 Likes

I’ve been adding water every 3 days. I can see the “droop” when my levels get lower than the plant likes.

1 Like

Add every two days

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I only add water when the notification tells me to because different stages call for different water levels.

2 Likes

I am typically 5he same. Usually by wednesday it asks for more with saturday being my main drain day. Never had an issue

3 Likes

I’d recommend every two days when your plant is growing vigorously. The notifications have got out of sync for me when I’ve moved schedule. Going to maintenance and hitting the fill button will top of to the correct sensor level so no fear of adding to much or to little.

3 Likes

I get that but don’t wanna starve her by any means. I feel that if you wait till it hits the low level sensor, your straining/holding her back. Especially since it’ll auto stop when it has reached it’s preferred level for that cycle. Jmo

1 Like

According to Stephen after the first ten days the water level should be low for 14 days to help the coco pod dry out and avoid dampening off but, if you clear the first 24 days its cool to keep it full.

2 Likes

Beyond evaporation plant doesn’t drink any water or food until the roots hit the reservoir. First real top up starts once she gets big and then two top ups per week in late veg and flower.

3 Likes

I’m sorry are you not in flower? I’m sorry I never asked what stage you were in.

Not in flower yet, today is day one of transition.

1 Like

My apologies I watered every two days during flower

2 Likes

Every two days? Sorry to Bud in… I am in flower and I gave her a lollipop on Sunday and watering day is typical been Wednesday. Since flowering it’s been twice weekly. Are you bump it up? Thanks sneakers. I will a pic from Sunday

1 Like

Sorry this day 55 and 17 out of 37 in flowering strawberry hybrid. Are we to be watering every other day?

It’s an auto by the way…

You might need a lot more trimming. Are your leaves not wet from touching and being so close together

I if you had seen the before pics… little shy too trim too much given it’s an auto

I will have to touch them hadn’t notices

1 Like

I topped, cropped and schwazz’d my one auto currently in flower as an experiment.

The aforementioned really affected its growth and the next few days will determine If the plant yields much or anything at all. Everything I’ve read is the autos do not have enough time to recover from really any training, but I wanted to see either way. I’ll post a pic at some point and already added a short section into my next video.

Hopefully it works out well, but I won’t be heartbroken if this plant doesn’t make. Didn’t realize it was an auto until well after training :man_shrugging: Shame on me

2 Likes