Water fill schedule

Does anyone happen to have a full schedule of how much water the Grobo will take in at each fill? I am using 3 gallons of bottled distilled water treated with recharge, revive, and hydroguard. The last 2 fills however only took in 1.5 Gallons thus I had 50% waste on each. I am currently tracking the output and intake for my future grows but would really like to limit waste as soon as possible.

@Stephen not sure if this is already on your radar but would it be possible to add how much water the Grobo will take in to each weekly drain/fill notification? I realize you guys are very busy doing an incredible job of keeping all of our grows happy and healthy, but figured it couldn’t hurt to ask!

Thanks all!

SWSVIC

3 Likes

i use 11 gallon container for 1 drain and fill for the two units. 3 bottles lasts me 2 weeks during flowering with top ups every 2 days

2 Likes

The first fill itself will usually take more than the others (about 10L), as the unit doesn’t always drain completely and will leave a bit behind on the following drains – so the rest of the fills will take a touch less water than the first. Then there is the high fill line vs the low fill line which also makes a difference, the first weeks need the high fill and then it settles on the low fill when the roots are in water.

I usually fill 3x 4L bottles (originally had distilled water from store) with my own distilled water (1/2 of it chilled in fridge) and when filling it takes about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 bottles (or 9-10L).

There’s a handful of posts about this available in search btw – this question is asked by every so many people every so often. :partying_face:

2 Likes

I read the other posts but was hoping someone may have a more definitive answer, something close to exact, perhaps even a spreadsheet :joy::joy:. I realize I’m asking a lot. The info you and @Todd.grobo have shared will help me a lot moving forward. I appreciate it!

1 Like

I kept a sheet for the first few fills but that didn’t last long. It’s kind of an autopilot job now to just grab the jugs and do a drain/fill these days. It never takes more than 2 3/4 jugs but never takes less than 2 1/4. These are 4L jugs.

2 Likes

Makes sense, that is the intended use of Grobo after all, to be on or near autopilot.

1 Like

The reservoir is 11litres btw.

2 Likes

Well seeing as you’re doing the early veg fills it will be a lot lower than the first couple. After that they’re about the same as they are now, I honestly just found a spot on my bucket that I know is around where my fill stops. I usually have about a half a cup left of water or I need to add just a bit more, but I’ve been using it for all my d/f so I’ve become used to where to know when to stop. So maybe just add a couple inches of water more than what you’re draining out and see how that works?
I mean right now you’re draining out 1.65 gal and mixing 3 so just do it for a bit more than 1.5 gals and then top up during the week if you need to?

1 Like

Thanks @Russel_Richardson solid advice.

2 Likes

@SWSVIC,

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

• (Unfortunately I don’t think this is something the Grobo could actually do fully, just because it has no way to know how much [RootSystem] and [X-traBubblers] ect.):

--

4 Likes

Very true @SilverGrobo that is a great point. Will have to learn from experience on this one.

4 Likes