Update on Big Bud

Just a photo update for tonight, I’m sorry it’s been such a long time. I’ll add text to go with tomorrow! :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Looking good @Angiebaby almost done!

3 Likes

Thanks, I wish, I’ve been so hopeful.

I’m sorry over been so MIA.

3 Likes

/so the three buds that I took off early dried fine bud as soon as I started curing them, mold in less than 12 hours.

Had already been suspecting mold on the plant but could never find it. Did a couple of neem oil treatments. I took off too many leaves at the start of flower and what I had burned up so bad and my top flowers started burning. I left too much larf. Everything was so tight but there was great airflow. Everything was moist and stems have always been I felt too bendy and soft, but when I cut the stalk it was white. I felt like it was too easy and soft to cut through though. I’ve never done this so I’m not sure what it’s supposed to feel like but I expected it to feel like a branch, like woody, rather than a tough weed.

Seeing the underneath really scared me. The roots under the water looked fine but everything in the space between water and the lid were covered with I think calcium which I guess could be normal and mold on the bottom of the pod? Is that from me pushing it down from doing neem oil treatments the last couple of weeks? and who knows what gunk and bacteria in the water, and I cleaned and calibrated both probes just at transition over the phone with Danielle and everything was good and look at them!!!

I started trimming them to see if maybe everything is just below the lid. Every time I look with the microscope, I think I see thin wispy hairs here or there but they’ll be gone in a blink, or if I think I see gray, same, or if it’s out of focus, well shit it’s out of focus 96% of the freaking time cuz the thing’s a piece of junk from amazon so I’m never certain so always hoping for the best. Cut leaves away and a few of them leave a hairy, webby string behind.

I’m so sad. 6 months invested in this plant and I tossed it. 3 seeds and tons of chemicals into the grobo in 9 months and nothing to show for it. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Damn that’s heartbreaking. I’m really sorry that you came away with nothing. Do you think you will try again?

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that @Angiebaby
The under pod looks normal. The roots dont. I havent seen that marking before and definitely would ask stephen his opinion
If your getting mold that quick what is your humidity? In the room? In the jars?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I wish I would have followed my gut a long time ago. That thing was in late veg for 55/56 days, something like that, and never quite made the 2nd fan. Something didn’t feel right. Or I just can’t do it right, or I just don’t know what. I have 3 months left on my warranty and that’s not long enough to yield anything, so I’ll probably send in a ticket and see what I need to do to set up a return. :sob:

To top it off, I believe I infected my stash as well. A few days ago all of my weed turned up moldy and I had to toss a little over an ounce. :frowning: I’m always careful about going into the grobo with extra clean hands, and I’m constantly washing my hands and having to wipe them with alcohol after touching anything on the plant. Possibly I didn’t disinfect my microscope well enough between the plant and looking at other specimens? IDK?

3 Likes

Humidity in the room is about 50%, in grobo about 35%. Upstairs same, 50 in the room and rh packs in the jars but no hygrometers.

2 Likes

I can understand your frustration having lost some myself. I would start with humidity. 50 in flower is ok but is sitting on the fence imo. Try again ? Can you get humidity to 40 easily or not where it is?

2 Likes

It was like mid 30s inside the grobo in flower, most of the grow actually. Right now that was with no humidifier, none needed here atm. House registering 50 in all rooms. It’s humid in St. Louis. I do have a little rechargeable dehumidifier that I’ve had out just because one day the humidity in the house got up to 60 for no reason, okay probably because of rain.

3 Likes

Amazing looking girl!:ok_hand::drooling_face:

1 Like

Man I’m so sorry :neutral_face: to hear :ear: that as well that has to be extremely frustrating especially with all the nutes an stuff that just went to waist hope u can bounce back considering :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Good luck on returning the grobo. They reluctantly agreed to accept my return because it was one problem after another. I gave them the benefit of the doubt trusting they would stand by their product. Man was I in for a surprise. They suddenly refused to accept the return. Just to clarify they were willing to return the product because it was having many problems. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and one more chance. 20 days later It had the same problems. Then they said they wouldn’t accept the return. So they would accept the return of the Grobo having a few manufacturing problems, but it if the grobo has too many or serious manufacturing defects then you are on your own.

I had really lofty hopes for this business, but at the end of the day they are just another business out to make a buck—sometimes at the cost of customer service.

2 Likes

Hey @Angiebaby,

I can feel your sorrow from here and our hearts go out to you. This was a touch and go grow as you knew and nursing it through to the end to have it mold on you is so frustrating. I have so many questions for you I’d love to jump on a call and chat.

I’ll respond through the support channel for now and we can update this thread once we have a plan in place for you.

Kindly,
Stephen

6 Likes

Hey @Driver3599,

Correct! We will accept a return out of the normal 30 days if we feel there is something not working in the unit. Once you shared that you had a humidifier inside the unit, you have broken the Warranty and any returns not possible.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

That’s so kind of you @Stephen. It really is heartbreaking!! :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Feedback Here): (Plus): :heavy_plus_sign:

Hey Angie,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today, I think we have a solid game plan in place for your next grow!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Thank you Stephen, I’m very excited!

4 Likes