Turning on the Grobo again 😁-CranecityCannabis

Water change today. She looks healthy with roots still smelling like :carrot:- she still looks on track to be flipped to flowering this Sunday. Switched to bloom Ratio with additional MKP for 2 weeks during the transition.
Temp Rez- initial 72-76 f
EC - 1.5
PH 6-6.2
Power Si-.5ml/G
Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-1.5gm/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2 gm/G
Epsom Salt - 1.5g/g
Mono Potassium Phosphate 0.9gm/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G ( get this if u haven’t already)
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Hydroguard will be added 2 days

9 Likes

She’s looking healthy as fuck!

2 Likes

She’s growing fast in her current transition!

1 Like

Gave her a haircut yesterday and prepared her for Flowering day 1. Technically the “Transition” period. Not particularly a fan of this since it will confuse new growers. Some how the coco pod loosen up and fell in the Rez -:flushed::expressionless:. Lets see how she looks in flowering. Going to continue bloom ratios for 2 weeks to get a faster oneset of flowering.
Par at canopy -150
EC - 1.7 (climbing)
PH 6-6.2
Power Si-.5ml/G
Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-1.5gm/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2 gm/G
Epsom Salt - 1.5g/g
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

7 Likes

Looking good, wild that your cocopod dropped into the rez on its own, haven’t heard that one yet.

Like it literally broke off. Luckily the stems had a couple of inches and is literally holding on. Lol. I found a 2 inch hydro basket that look like it will fit and I won’t need the coco pod for the next run !! Woo hoo!

3 Likes

I tried recharge and it was a mess. Just switched to tribus instead of hydroguard as well.

Par at canopy -150
EC - 1.7 (climbing)
PH 5.8
Power Si-.5ml/G
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-1.5gm/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2 gm/G
Epsom Salt - 1.5g/g
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

Rapid growth observed since the flip… weather is corroborating as well.

5 Likes

Par at canopy -160
Temp Rez- initial 73f
EC - 1.3(1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap EC of 0.3)
PH 6.0
Power Si-.5ml/G
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-1.5gm/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2 gm/G
Epsom Salt - 1.5g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G
1st week in flowering went pretty well. No purple stemming , Rez condition excellent, good new growth, minimal stretch observed. I laid the trellis over yesterday. Goal week to keep the canopy even.

4 Likes

Par at canopy -190
Temp Rez- initial 70f
EC - 1.4(1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap EC of 0.3)
PH 6.0
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

Broad leaf in appearance with minimal stretching so far. Node spacing looks pretty good. Overall heath is pretty good. No deficiency noted . Switching back to Jacks 3,2,1 at full strength. Looks like stretch will only go up to the 2nd fan only.

4 Likes

What is the lineage behind G.A.F.?

1 Like

@SWSVIC

Genetics : Breeder: CraneCityCannabis
Variety: Gas As Fuck ( yes that is the name )
Mom: FAF (F1) Fire as Fuck
Dad : FAF (F1)
FAF: (Gelato x Jet Fuel Gelato )x Fake as Fuck
I apologize for the bad words, but this is literally the name of the seeds!! lol

^ I remembered reading this earlier in the post, that’s all haha.

3 Likes

@SWSVIC follow cranecannabis on IG and when they do their drops. His line sells out within minutes. He made jet fuel gelato and gave those seeds to Wyeast and compound genetics to make their jet fuel gelato line that was insanely popular.

I’ve followed them, very familiar with the breeder just not the specifics of their genetics.

1 Like

Par at canopy -190
Temp Rez- initial 70f
PH 5.7
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

My Thoughts this week: I did some minor pruning 2-3 days ago. I’ll take a little more in a couple days. Nice air flow throughout the canopy. Might have been a minor lockout the last couple of days with PH getting up to 6.5. EC was trending up, Rez falling , and with Ph going up which was nice to see. I think she likes her PH around 5.5 to 6.0. Big thoughts this week… this is day 20 and I don’t see any pistols. It’s insane to me. The only thing I can think of why this is happening is that Grobo light is not strong enough at this distance to initiate flower. I could totally be wrong but I never seen strains close to their 3rd week and not show signs of budding. Par level at canopy is barely 200 which is really disappointing. Grobo LED :pensive:

7 Likes

Outstanding :sunglasses:

1 Like

Par at canopy -1200 :joy::joy:
Temp Rez- initial 70f
PH 6.2
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

Whoa it has been a while since I updated this grow. So I finally figured out why it took sooo long to initiate flowering. The Grobo LED is weak as shit. I can see why they recommended to vegetate your plants pass the 2nd fan since the light intensity is not strong enough to flower anything below it. The good new is I found a grow light that fits exactly the dimension of the Grobo. HLG 100!!! I’m soooo happy ! At 10 inches the canopy par level was at 1200. That’s overkill but rather have that than 300. So offf we goo!! So besides the water change and fans! The Grobo is all selfed controlled now! :comet:

8 Likes

The cord kinda thick how’d u close the door?

1 Like

Nice some fireworks! I am having that slow budding issue as well, good to know to keep veg higher unless its tall strains I’m guessing.

I was also concerned about how weak the light was and was thinking of adding some additional supplemental lighting but I decided to just upgrade to a tent LOL. Guess this journey is leading me down many different paths :laughing:

Thats awesome that you found a HLG that fits the grobo!

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing :slight_smile: How cord fit!?

@Jamminbear I understand the Grobo light isn’t super super strong, but I’ve seen some really nice plants with large flowers. If you look at “Flower Day 47” on AllGrowers in the search bar you’ll see many plants that have FAT large colas at 47 days into flower with very developed buds… Maybe it was an issue with your LED? Or… it was genetics or some kind of slowed growth.

Aren’t you a little concerned you’re gonna burn your plant at all? It’s just starting buds so you’re looking at another month of flower probably with a super hot light on them the whole time.

I’m interested to see if the light gets more love to the lower stuff, but at the same time I don’t think it’s good practice in growing to let your plant focus energy on the lower stuff anyway. There’s no room to train horizontally in the Grobo so the main light from the LED needs to go up top anyway due to the way the unit works, its basically a little box that plant is confined to.

A grow tent you can train horizontally and then let the plant go vertical, but your bud mass is always going to be the top colas, and I speak from experience working in the MMJ field on grows with thousands of plants a month… Picture it kinda like hundreds of Grobo-sized spaced plants (give or take some inches of horizontal space), the good buds are always up top towards the light, lower stuff is always lower quality, and we have some state of the art and very very expensive grow lights. Most indoor grows with massive colas are very strong plants that have the room and space to spread out and get stronger horizontally to support bigger buds up top, in turn they also allow much more light to penetrate all sides of the colas as well as the lower bud sites. The Grobo just doesn’t allow it past a certain point unfortunately.

I mean props tho I am gonna take note that this light fits in the Grobo for future reference just to have up there in my head :smiley:

Anyway, I mean no offense I just read about how you think the Grobo LED is too weak to induce flowering but at 47 days into flower some people have very very mature cannabis plants in the Grobo

Overall though, your plant looks nice and I’m excited to see how she matures…Nice job defoliating and opening those bud sites, as well as the lollipopping. I think it’s a pretty sick strain choice honestly and I’m interested to see the results… got some good breeders there.

4 Likes