Trichomes

Can someone please zoom in and tell me that these trichomes aren’t ripe yet? Its what I believe based on what I see, but correct me if I’m wrong as this is my first successful grow?

1 Like

No way to tell with those pics. You need to get a jewelers loupe to see trichome heads

2 Likes

- - - [2021-12.08]:

@Ravens_Whisper,

Team_Got_You..~~ (2)

~~~

- - - [2021-12.22]:

@Sunanranch,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

A loupe, microscope or magnifier is a must for trichome ripeness but also if you take a look at your hairs on the buds it can give you some clues…
When your white hairs darken and curl up and your trichomes produce a frosty look its a good indication your plant could be ready.
Dont just go by the top buds if you want to be sure get closer to the middle and bottom to check for dark and curled hairs.
Also when your buds look really airy its a good sign it could use a bit more time to dense up.
I suggest a microscope to be sure because its nothing worse than pulling a crop too early after spending months of money and hard work to grow! :eyes: :seedling:

4 Likes

Thats great, thank you so much for your feedback, maybe you can help me with my next question,
When I do harverst the buds, should I put them in a dark room to dry with fans or should they go straight in a Mason jar?
And If they go straight into the Mason jar, how long does the drying process take?

1 Like

You have to let them air dry for 7-10 days or so in a dark cool environment with indirect airflows to get fresh air moving around when you can snap the branch and it breaks is when you know you can cut the buds and put them in jars to cure and burp them every so often, I am going with you “wet trim” before drying? Or do you dry trim?

1 Like

The grobo also has a “dry mode” recipe to hang and dry your bud!

1 Like

Sure but first I need to know if your growing in a Grobo or tent?
Looks like a grobo from the pics so let’s start there.

Before your grobo recipe ends check trichomes with magnifier, jewelers loupe or microscope for ripeness incase you need to add more time to your recipe.

When trichomes are mostly cloudy and there is amber present its time to harvest.

You will then harvest by following the prompts under the harvest tab on the app.

Once your plant is cut down and grobo is cleaned out you will hang your buds on grobo supports inside the machine and run the dry tab for five days.

Then you will cut away the buds from the rest of the stem and place buds in a mason jar with Boveda packs to cure.

For the first two weeks of curring open jar 2x a day for 30 min for the first week, then once daily for a week.

After first two weeks just open periodically and can be stored this way for 5yrs or more as long as moisture is controlled to keep mold & mildew at bay.

I suggest you ask for help before approaching each of these steps to be sure your doing them correctly.
And keep notes so you know what to do the next grow without having to wait for replies!
However we are here to help so ask away! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Very well said sir, thank you for your comment not only to help this gentleman but it helped me alot as well!

3 Likes

Bobbie is a woman :wink:. @Bplatinum9 you HAVE to post the pic, even though I pointed it out…it’s tradition :rofl::rofl::rofl:, I got your back :wink:.

2 Likes

Your’e very welcome! @Hayden_Gregory I always appreciate the love!

Unfortunately I have to hold up tradition by telling you that I am a woman, its a running joke at allgrower’s so if you could be so kind as to not take it personal the diehards around here can have their laugh! lol!

Thanks for participating!!!

4 Likes

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! I laughed so hard I nearly cracked a rib!!!
No one will let me forget this joke I see!!! LOL!!! Funny how no matter how many years I post that pic it still keeps happening!!!
That’s what I get for having a male name, a product of the 60’s for sure!
Thanks @FireGuy

4 Likes

Aww your so kind, looks like I am going to have to take on the tradition as to let others know down the road hehe! Thank you for letting me know now I know to say mam instead of sir :joy:
Thank you for all your help my friend.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club @Hayden_Gregory! Your not alone in tradition!
Always nice to share a laugh! Your welcome anytime! :eyes: :seedling:

4 Likes