Top up notifications

If I could get a top up notification that would be great. :+1:t2: I realized I didn’t when doing my weekly water change noticed it drained fast.it was at least a gallon low. Put two and two together did some research and found it doesn’t exist. I need to check? I think it’s important enough to point out and surprised it doesn’t exist. Seems almost forgotten. It’s simple for a sophisticated machine. I don’t understand why it’s not @Todd.grobo. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t IMO. Definitely a strike for me. I can’t go anywhere for a week? Because I have to baby sit the water level? Common guys. What happened to the automated simplicity of growing at home @Stephen ?

3 Likes

Anyway to clarify. Can I use the fill feature to top up? Will it stop :stop_sign: at the proper level @Todd.grobo

3 Likes

Is it your phone notifications maybe as I still get some and the water change, but they are only generic things though, not really anything actually to do with your grow. These are just basic and I don’t even go by them anymore.

You need to set a schedule and plan some. I do the water changes and some trimming Sunday usually as I have more time. Then from Sunday on, I know every 2 days to top off. That is it, my schedule for the week. Sunday change, fill every 2 days until the next Sunday.

2 Likes

Yes, use the fill every 2 days once you get going. It will stop by itself.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your help. Yes I’m also getting a routine as well. This ties loose ends and unanswered questions. I’m a little OCD sometimes. I appreciate your time to share and point things out. Thank you :sunglasses::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yes I get the weekly notifications about the process. I try to study or research as much as I can.

1 Like

I am newish too, learning and reading up myself. Read the forums when you have time, a lot of good tips around here.

3 Likes

I just seen that my generic top up notifications start next week.

3 Likes

Yes it will do this just keep a eye on your water level I have started topping mine off every Monday since my water change is thursday, a nice mid week top off!

2 Likes

Always!

2 Likes

What do you mean they “start” next week?

Thanks Gunk

1 Like

So the reminder to top up is programmed in. I received this info from Todd

this is my schedule. I’m assuming it has the same notifications for all recipes. Good thing is I can top up from the fill application. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

5 Likes

This is awesome to know, thank you for letting me know about this!

2 Likes

You can turn off tips under your settings, but you should get your weekly notifications during the right stages as noted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

P.S.

Currently, notifications are time-based. They are sent out regardless of whether a user drained or filled, based on when they began their grow only. This is being addressed in the notification 2.0 project our team is working on. We have not solidified a timeline for this feature.

Something to look forward to right?

9 Likes

I like my notifications and tips. This is still new and exciting for me. I’m just a little excited sometimes :joy::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Cool. I thought you guys might be in the lab Hot Rodin things up. Awesome :sunglasses: can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Thank you for sharing that information. Getting better as I/we go. :blush: thank you

2 Likes

I just noticed, once in flowering you might have to top off every day now and then. I was curious and tried a fill and it took a little bit more than I expected.

So make sure to check and not let it go to long. :grinning:

1 Like

That should be top on the priority list. Timed reminders are pretty useless. Data triggered notifications are sorely needed.

1 Like

I am curious, if you can put the fill hose in a bucket and leave it there and if they can do “something” to make it auto fill?

I was once thinking to cut a small hole in the side where the hoses are and run them out the side into and empty bucket and a filled one. Then at least you could do a drain and fill simpler and not have to do much besides start the app.

1 Like