Time lapse the Grobo

My grobo arrives tomorrow… so exciting… I happen to be much better with computers and a soldering iron than I am with plants. Well back in the 90s my roommate and I did manage to grow 6 plants in a closet with mild success. Anyway, I went into my work area and realized I have a bunch of raspberry pi computers and even some camera modules. I have decided to quickly fire up a pi with a camera and am hoping to mount the camera inside the grobo so I can ssh into the pi once a day and snap a pic from the exact same position and make a time lapse of my first grow.

I have an extra long camera ribbon cable that is paper thin so I should be able to get the camera inside the grobo with the pi resting on the top of the grobo.

Anyone modified their grobo in such a way and have any tips? Even better question, has the grobo staff thought of making this a feature? If you are listening, you totally should and then send me one for free because I’m awesome. that way it can be integrated with the light schedule and even print vital info like current cycle or days on the images

6 Likes

It’s been discussed heavily in the forums do a quick search. Plesse post some time lapse when you get them. I would suggest using the back slid able panel Nd thread it in through the back if that works.

5 Likes

@liddellOnus,

((#ExcitementIsReal)): ((#ThisIsGoingToBeEpic)): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

--

Time lapse the Grobo

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::eyes:

((#GoodIdeas)): :brain::bulb:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=timelapse%20

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=time%20lapse%20

--

:mag:(:eye:)

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:

(ClickHere):

--

((#ACloserLook)): (I’mLovingYourVideos): :video_camera:

Magnify..1b--

Magnify..1f--

--

:mag::video_camera: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

4 Likes

UPS hasn’t arrived yet, but got my “pot pi nanny” set up and ready to install…

8 Likes

and a cheese (canuk seeds) is conceived

9 Likes

That is awesome i need one. Where can i get this set up.

2 Likes

It’s just a raspberry pi, a camera module and an extended ribbon cable… I just set up the pi with rasbian and installed a mpeg stream service, enabled ssh and set up a Cron-job to snap 1 pic every hour.

5 Likes

:point_up_2:t3:That is the most digital scientific jargon filled sentence I’ve ever read… :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: Right?! Lmaoo. None of that means anything to me lmao. Sounds super technical haha

That’s wicked @liddellOnus :+1::beers:

3 Likes

Same here lol.

3 Likes

A raspberry pi is a small $5-$30 computer that runs a version of Linux called raspbian. It’s typically used for people to prototype or invent smart devices. The grobo it’s self likely was prototyped using something similar.

6 Likes

There are windows users. Linux users and mac’s. We dont talk about the last one lol

6 Likes

First movements are starting to register:

We have a baby!

Birthday Post!

4 Likes

little update, day 16 timelapse : she looks likes she is breathing as she grows :breast_feeding:

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see what you can do with that camera in flowering in more than one way

3 Likes

how do u secure it in there? I am looking for ideas on how to get camera in there

I used a long ribbon on a pi cam and ran the ribbon up the side and hung the cam off the filter vent.

How did u wire it ? Was the pi on the outside and camera wired through top, back, front door?

Yes the pi sat outside and I just ran the extra long camera ribbon through the back and up the inside…

1 Like

Thanks man I got this done! super cool!