Time lapse the Grobo

That is awesome i need one. Where can i get this set up.

2 Likes

It’s just a raspberry pi, a camera module and an extended ribbon cable… I just set up the pi with rasbian and installed a mpeg stream service, enabled ssh and set up a Cron-job to snap 1 pic every hour.

5 Likes

:point_up_2:t3:That is the most digital scientific jargon filled sentence I’ve ever read… :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: Right?! Lmaoo. None of that means anything to me lmao. Sounds super technical haha

That’s wicked @liddellOnus :+1::beers:

3 Likes

Same here lol.

3 Likes

A raspberry pi is a small $5-$30 computer that runs a version of Linux called raspbian. It’s typically used for people to prototype or invent smart devices. The grobo it’s self likely was prototyped using something similar.

6 Likes

There are windows users. Linux users and mac’s. We dont talk about the last one lol

6 Likes

First movements are starting to register:

We have a baby!

Birthday Post!

4 Likes

little update, day 16 timelapse : she looks likes she is breathing as she grows :breast_feeding:

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see what you can do with that camera in flowering in more than one way

3 Likes

how do u secure it in there? I am looking for ideas on how to get camera in there

I used a long ribbon on a pi cam and ran the ribbon up the side and hung the cam off the filter vent.

How did u wire it ? Was the pi on the outside and camera wired through top, back, front door?

Yes the pi sat outside and I just ran the extra long camera ribbon through the back and up the inside…

1 Like

Thanks man I got this done! super cool!

do u have any full vids? I am on day 5 of my first grow. So excited!!

I stopped because I wasn’t getting good timelapse unless I programmed my pi to send a request to unlock the door this triggering the temporary light which the grobo developer team frowned upon. Stephen also warned that it could stress the plant.

1 Like

Ok I set mine up, on week 2. Yeah the photos have lines in it but still cool

You may be able to find a filter that blocks out most of the funky colors, something similar to the sunglasses some LED grow light companies include with the light. You may be able to use something like a Circular Polarizer, which would take some trial and error to get tuned into the lights.

1 Like

Zkittles … Day 16 hxxps://streamable.com/gil21v

Just Topped