Tent build ((white widow left (harvested), wedding gelato right (harvested))

Any recommendations on which company yoyos you purchased I know some great some garbage thanks I’m interested to buy some good ones!

3 Likes

These are the ones I purchased. 2 hooks per yoyo.

6 Likes

Thanks much appreciated fire!

2 Likes

So at 8pm today the darkness starts for harvest on Saturday. I did not notice any changes in the trichomes or buds with the blue light or the drilling of the stalks (i’m guessing they’re old wives’ tales). Oh well, no harm no foul. Thursday and Friday will be rough not being able to check in on them but oh well, it’s only two days. I’ll be sure to post wet weights for each plant after trim, then weights after dry, then cure. Gonna be lots of pics of all these branches after they’re trimmed. Gonna be a good Saturday as i’ll be starting to smoke a tri-tip first thing in the morning for some tri-tip sammies for me and my buddy who always helps me harvest…really wishing it was Friday already LOL.

13 Likes

Cant wait to see @FireGuy looks great

6 Likes

Congratulations looks great. You killed it :+1:

Question since your following the 2 days of darkness are you planning on cutting the plant down before the lights would normally turn on? I have zero proof this actually works but the theory behind it is something along the lines of at night time when the plant is at rest all the sugars going to the buds when the plant is ready to start photosynthesis the sugar start to get drawn out of the buds and go back into the plant. So the claim is the best time to harvest is right before the lights were turn on to trap those sugars in the buds.

6 Likes

That’s a very interesting theory. Didn’t plan on it as my buddy won’t be coming by till about 10 or so and lights come on at 8 normally. Might cut em all down and wait for him to start trim. I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

So I talked to my buddy. He’s gonna come by around 9-ish on Saturday so I will cut them down around 7am, cut all the branches so they are separated and hopefully he should be showing up shortly after to help start the trim. We’ve got the day so should be able to get them all done. Also, on the major plus side, just got the email that my Cannatrol is ready for shipping so it should go out next week…perfect timing to cure all this bud!

9 Likes

Nice. That thing is worth every penny. Can’t wait to see the harvest.

7 Likes

I just love to see how dedicated you are.

Like I said I can’t prove it does anything but if it works with your schedule I say why not!

Did you google it at all?

Your toy is coming right on time Double Congratulations :partying_face:. What a week for you!!

5 Likes

Appreciate the kind words. I DID do some google searching, and most everything I read is that chlorophyll is mostly present during lights on as light is necessary for chlorophyll to break down nutrients. I do not know if this will be prevalent as the lights will be off for 48+hrs before harvest but whatevs. This was part of a post I read and makes total sense to me.

“Well harvesting at night does infact make your buds taste and smell better. chlorophyll is produced during the day as photosynthesis occurs. the plants break down sunlight and nutrients and turns them into energy for the plant. if the plants are cut during peak photosynthesis the chlorophyll will be abundant in the plants stems leaves and buds and produce a very grassy like smell / taste. during night hours chlorophyll production is halted. it makes sense that 72 hours of darkness would infact degrade all active chlorophyll in the plant and allow for the plant to taste much better. I always give my plants atleast 24 hours dark before I chop but try to give them 72 if I have time and patience enough.”

As i’ve said before…i’m all about experiments. Then again, like a conversation i’ve had with @Todd.grobo, i’m always changing strains so at this point there’s no way for me to know if there’s any difference with any of the experiments lol. As for what I read about the blue light and stem drilling, there should’ve been a change in the amount of trichomes and the length of trichome stems…didn’t see either so I won’t be doing those again. I will check the trichs during harvest to see if the 48+ hr darkness has made a difference. Either way…if it doesn’t kill the plant and ruin my harvest, I’m all about the experimental treatments!

8 Likes

@Todd.grobo, just saw you post a prediction on @Choppo0816 harvest. Curious on your thoughts of this one? Wanna see how close you get…wet, dry or both lol.

4 Likes

As i understand the process of drying slowly purposefully allows the plant longer to break down chlorophyll. With a higher humidity this is possible. Ive noticed a huge difference in cannabis quality on my home grown. Mark has some coming his way and can tell you how well ive improved soon.

6 Likes

Man after my heart!!

Ps dry weight I’m thinking 8 oz total

4 Likes

If I get 1/2 lb dry off this harvest i’m gonna be ECSTATIC!!! :heart_eyes:

Still so new to smoking and growing that i’ve never paid attention to what a plant might be yielding. But 1/2 lb would last me past the next grow’s harvest time!

8 Likes

Definitely understand the idea during drying. How long have you been drying for and at what humidity?

3 Likes

Not so great at guessing tents yet. Plants range i figure from around 50 to 150g on average for my skill level. I feel like yours looks bigger than my last one. I figure a solid 92 to 100g.

4 Likes

60% 21 to 24c and for 14 days if possible. First try was 10 second 14. Bud smokes like a vape pen. Smooth, rich and tasty

5 Likes

Each or total?

Never mind, re-read your post wording so i’m guessing each.

3 Likes

So Todd is going with 7 oz dry I’m going with 8 for a total.

5 Likes