Tent build ((white widow left (harvested), wedding gelato right (harvested))

Technically lights out kills them too (but could take up to a week).
I have only just started experimenting in stressing the plant for tweaks. Unfortunately I keep changing strains on testing and some are more receptive than others to manipulation. Some like my GG just want to be left alone.

5 Likes

I’m doing the same as far as strains never being the same…so no knowing if the experiment is beneficial or not :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have no first hand information with Cannabis and lower water temps but I can tell you that vegetable plants don’t respond well at all to water temps at 10 c we heat all our irrigation water to 16 min for our Veg crops.

Note: these vegetable crops are being grown in rockwall bags vs Dwc which I think would be more stress.

Let’s us know what you end up doing. I’m curious

3 Likes

Less than a week to go…I’m getting antsy!!! Lol

11 Likes

Some great looking colas @FireGuy

Crazy how many white pistols she has left for this late in the grow. Looks pretty solid too! I can only imagine your excitement!

5 Likes

The plant on the right seems to have way less white pistils than the left one, but they both look completely happy… Been checking trichomes every couple days and have decided to harvest this Saturday, they’ll both be ready. Gotta harvest on a weekend that I don’t have my kiddo. It actually works out to be exactly at 9 weeks flower lol.

6 Likes

I think you’re right! Crazy how they are like clockwork…impressive imo.

4 Likes

I know, I was actually really surprised that it worked out that way!

After the advice of @Mpower11 I’ve decided to not drop my water temps. I will however be continuing the blue light, I WILL be drilling both stalks today, and starting my darkness on Thursday.

4 Likes

Looks real nice. I see the yoyo’s seem to be working nice also.

Congratulations

5 Likes

That they are, these yoyo’s are awesome. wasn’t sure how strong they would be but they are plenty strong.

6 Likes

Wow!

4 Likes

Looking great guy!

4 Likes

Any recommendations on which company yoyos you purchased I know some great some garbage thanks I’m interested to buy some good ones!

3 Likes

These are the ones I purchased. 2 hooks per yoyo.

6 Likes

Thanks much appreciated fire!

2 Likes

So at 8pm today the darkness starts for harvest on Saturday. I did not notice any changes in the trichomes or buds with the blue light or the drilling of the stalks (i’m guessing they’re old wives’ tales). Oh well, no harm no foul. Thursday and Friday will be rough not being able to check in on them but oh well, it’s only two days. I’ll be sure to post wet weights for each plant after trim, then weights after dry, then cure. Gonna be lots of pics of all these branches after they’re trimmed. Gonna be a good Saturday as i’ll be starting to smoke a tri-tip first thing in the morning for some tri-tip sammies for me and my buddy who always helps me harvest…really wishing it was Friday already LOL.

13 Likes

Cant wait to see @FireGuy looks great

6 Likes

Congratulations looks great. You killed it :+1:

Question since your following the 2 days of darkness are you planning on cutting the plant down before the lights would normally turn on? I have zero proof this actually works but the theory behind it is something along the lines of at night time when the plant is at rest all the sugars going to the buds when the plant is ready to start photosynthesis the sugar start to get drawn out of the buds and go back into the plant. So the claim is the best time to harvest is right before the lights were turn on to trap those sugars in the buds.

6 Likes

That’s a very interesting theory. Didn’t plan on it as my buddy won’t be coming by till about 10 or so and lights come on at 8 normally. Might cut em all down and wait for him to start trim. I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

So I talked to my buddy. He’s gonna come by around 9-ish on Saturday so I will cut them down around 7am, cut all the branches so they are separated and hopefully he should be showing up shortly after to help start the trim. We’ve got the day so should be able to get them all done. Also, on the major plus side, just got the email that my Cannatrol is ready for shipping so it should go out next week…perfect timing to cure all this bud!

9 Likes