Tangerine dream auto

@Bongsmoker89 I’ve used mason jars for this next step and it’s the curing portion now. My last grow last summer I cured in jars for 3-4 weeks in complete darkness but you don’t have to do it that long, just preference, I like to get the hay/grass taste out as much as I can. But every day you wanna burp the jars (I leave it open for a couple mins to let fresh air in) and I also check the nugs to see if they’re too wet, the residual moisture comes out into the whole bud now. You want like 50-60% humidity in the jar I believe or else you’ll get mould if it’s too high, you can get a hygrometer to put in the jar on top to be precise but I just did by touch/feel.

Anyone else feel free to chime in or tell me I’m wrong lol. This is just what I’ve done in the past and the buds turned out awesome

6 Likes

Also to add. If you feel like they’re too dry you can get those boveda humidi-pack things that will get your buds back to the perfect consistency :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Yeah I bought some pretty sweet jars I’ll take a pic when I get home. I left it in drying mode for 5 days hope that wasn’t to long lol

1 Like

@Bongsmoker89 I mean it’s all up to your preference, if your buds are dense then yeah that was probably a good dry time. But like I said if you find they’re just a little to crisp for your liking get some boveda humidi-packs. The 62% humidity ones. Then you’ll get that nice sticky cure which I like. When I put it in a grinder it’s not like weed dust, almost the consistency of brown sugar if you get what I mean

4 Likes

@Russel_Richardson I know exactly what you mean lmao when a gram somehow comes out the grinder looming like a .3 lmaoo

3 Likes

Ended up with 1.6 ounces. Would have been more if I didn’t screw up the 2nd mainbranch up after I topped it. Could I go ahead and smoke this lollol?

Uploading: 20181125_194403.jpg…

7 Likes

Went ahead and loaded it up. Instant head high that I love. Very tasty, very citrusy. Did I spell that right lol?

9 Likes

Hey @Bongsmoker89 You can smoke it the moment it’s dry enough or cure it just a matter preference.

Great haul on your auto for sure. One thing I noticed on your grow was your stocks were all really thick great pipes on that girl!

3 Likes

Yeah I did smoke it. Im high as hell lol. I just popped in same seed brand growers seed, white widow. This one isn’t a auto so I’ll see should be more now that I’m know what I’m doing lol.

4 Likes

I’m thrilled your grow went well and the desired affects were achieved. Hope mine is as successful as yours.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

That’s wicked man, nice jar you got too, complete darkness lol. That’s great you like the high and whatnot, good luck on your next grow!

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson .
It actually lets only good light needed for the plant in. Like red or something I think the box said

1 Like

Oh nice @Bongsmoker89 I’ll have to look into that

Here it is
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XXM94KH/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

Just wanted to say I appreciate you posting your grow. I am on my first grow and learning so it’s nice to look at someone else’s plant that is the same and follow along for ideas!

4 Likes

@Bongsmoker89,

((#Harvest)): :clap:

((#BetterLateThanNever)): :timer_clock:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Your post inspired me to grow this strain in my Grobo…im on week 2 of flowering and she just stopped stretching…

4 Likes

Looking pretty good to me. Let her fatting up

1 Like

Yeah the Grobo says I have 50 days left give or take… Although I might add a week or 2 depending what the buds look like…by day 75 is when I will decide to add a week or not…

3 Likes

This entire string of posts has been so helpful. Growing auto Tangerine Dream for the first time and its been a blast! and an entertaining way to get thru winter & covid times. Got the seeds from the same place you did. On day 67 now and they’re beautiful. Keep thinking they’re almost ready and was surprised to see your ‘Day 88’ post, so maybe they’re not ready yet. The trichomes do seem to be getting whiter. Out of 5 plants, 3 grew similar and 2 grew taller.Growing in Coco Core with General Hydroponics nutrients. First auto and its been fun!

1 Like