Super Silver Haze by ILGM - First grow (from a seed)

They look like sugar leaves to me but it also sort of look like mold as well:

Have you tried cleaning one of the leaves with peroxide and water? maybe try spraying on a paper towel and rub the leaves.

Lets get small just in case

2 Likes

I am about to in the next few minutes, had to go to the store to get some Peroxide. I just wanted to take some pics and post them first.
There is something about the way it is growing on a few of them that reminds me of Spanish moss…

I did wipe down a couple leaves yesterday with a water only damp paper towel and those leaves look fine today.

1 Like

They really look like trichomes and looking at your buds, it looks about the right time for your leaves to turn white and frosty

Im going to hold off on the peroxide then for a day. And ill shoot a few pics with the microscope in the morning.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Happy New Year!
Let’s get small.

Got around to shooting these this morning. I tried hydrogen peroxide out on about 10 spots I saw. All but 2 of them look better, maybe I did not get those 2 covered enough. The fan leaves I wiped with a damp paper towel look even better, but it looks like I wiped off all the trichomes.

Leaf on left (top) is for a trichomes close up, middle fan leaf is developing fuzzy spots, right leaf (bottom) has fuzzy around edges.

This is left leaf.

These 2 are fan leaf.

Right leaf.

2 Likes

is it on all leaves or only on this leaf?

1 Like

It is starting to show up on almost half the leaves at this point. With the fuzzy spots showing faintly then increasing and spreading…

2 Likes

@crasch what’s the back side of the leaf look like?

1 Like

Just googled it a bit, it kinda looks like PM to me…

What’s the humidity like in there? Also, you gotta be careful from what I’ve read that spores can shoot into the air when dealing with this and infect again

2 Likes

Yeah that’s it.
This sucks, but glad to know I was not overreacting.

Humidity is 40% today, 35% yesterday.

1 Like

Im going to treat the rest of the plant with peroxide then. Im just wondering if its better to spray or wipe them with a paper towel. Wiping seems to get rid of the trichs.

1 Like

Probably a good place to start honestly…

Do you happen to own a spray mister by chance?

1 Like

Im not one to give up easily but stopping the grow and deep cleaning everything now seems better than when the plant is bigger yeah or is that just me. I wouldn’t want that landing on any part of the unit where it could keep coming out from such as the fans

3 Likes

Yeah, Im setup to mist her in a couple hours when its lights out. If it re-appears over the weekend ill try wiping them down.
But I will be deep cleaning now when this grow is over.

2 Likes

Backsides seem to look fine.
I had my fans on the lid pointed up and on low till this happened. It makes sense it developed away from and above all the fans.

1 Like

Some of these sample pics look exactly like my plant.

2 Likes

Wow, big difference after dousing it with peroxide and water. So far I saw it possibly return on 4 leaves. 2 tiny ones I popped off, and the other 2 were bigger so I wiped them down with same solution. Watching them closely.

Before spraying

Process

Next morning.

Now - after 2 nights.

I do have a few brown spots.

3 Likes

Looking better. Definitely too much humidity with water buildup

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I kept the big fan on for over an hour till it got back down to 35%, then closed the door for the night.

2 Likes

You know I just noticed… is that a shower/tub next to the Grobo? That might be your culprit for the mildew issues to be honest.

Also, thats kinda scary for such a large electronic box being next to the shower >< But I guess to each their own lol!

2 Likes