Struggling

Any help out there?
This is my first grow.
Bruce Banner auto flower
I am about 63 days into the grow. First month a little stunted due to location in basement and colder temps in Feb. moved upstairs for past five weeks and doing great, healthy roots etc. have bent down along the way some fan leaves, cut a couple big ones off.
Extending late veg still till gets taller. Any ideas what I should be doing now?

4 Likes

Hi, @Babbyfuzz1! I am growing Bruce Banner for my first grow too! Mine is an auto from ILGM. Search for my posts and you can see Bruce’s journey! My Bruce grew to barely over the second fan, so maybe Bruce is a shorty? LOL! I was on the photo period recipe for Bruce Banner for 70 days until someone suggested I swap to the generic auto recipe. I did that 36 days ago in my flowering phase. :seedling::raised_hands: Good luck with your grow!

2 Likes

How to I swap to a new recipe? Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: It looks healthy otherwise and is pretty potent even though its not in the flowering phase yet. I have extended the late veg phase three times now so I am about 64days growing. Did you get a good yield?
Thanks

3 Likes

Hi, @Babbyfuzz1! I was in a similar boat. I have my Grobo in the garage, and during the winter months, I could not control the temp to keep it warm enough, so I ended up using a mini heater inside the Grobo facing the door, so it did not blow directly on Bruce. It is finally warming up here, so I do not need the heater anymore. I am still in flowering stage with my Bruce, so I do not have a yield yet, but he is stacking nicely. :wink: If you want to change recipes, you have to end your current grow, and then chose the recipe you want and start it. Then, go to maintenance and shift your schedule to move yourself to the right phase of the grow. That is what I did; I keep up with my total days growing, as I note where I am in the new recipe. Good luck with your grow! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @Babbyfuzz1,

Thanks for sharing, couple thoughts…

1. Extending late veg on an auto, won’t really help it ‘get bigger’ as the any auto plant will ignore the light schedule and begin flowering on it’s own.
  2. Adding all the reflective stuff isn’t really helping out, it’s actually less reflective than the Grobo white coating on our walls. I’d remove it.
  3. Careful with any foliar feeding you are doing. (Spraying the plant with extra water) It can get into those back fans and reduce their performance/life span.

The plant looks happy and healthy! Good luck with the rest of this run.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like from what other people are saying is it’s best NOT to use an auto flower in these units then? Just curious. I will end the grow and redo things to make sure I am in the right recipe. Thanks for all the help.
Oh yeah almost forgot…should I be lollipop ping this thing?

1 Like

Thanks Stephen
So I switched my grow recipe to the auto flower as I did not see the details when setting that recipe. Looks like that recipe does not have a late veg phase. Since I was 65 days in in advanced it from early veg to transition phase as I did a little low 1/3 leaf trimming yesterday amd wanted it to have time to repair. Does this sound like a good place to be?
Very wet behind the ears on all this stuff but has been a fun adventure so far :blush:

1 Like

Hey @Babbyfuzz1,

That does indeed sound like a good place to be. Nicely done!

One tip for the community here is always put the @ symbol in front of the name of the grower you are chatting with and they will get a ping/notification to enable a response. Almost missed this one!

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

@Stephen thanks for the tip! Be well :v:

1 Like