Strawberry Kush CBD

Support Ticket: Closed

WIFI connectivity was only reason given for bottles 3 and 4 completely dispensing at once. I guess bumping my connectivity from 60% to 75% did the trick. Seems strange to me but who am I to argue with software engineers.

Bottom fan IS running and they say that it is normal that the fans output is very minimal. Minimal enough that I can just barely feel the air coming through. My second fan is due to come on later today.

@Dani was great at communicating with me during the whole process and providing direction in keeping my plant alive while the software folks completed their investigation.

I assumed they would replace bottles 3 & 4 but to our surprise, the put a Grow Kit in the mail as compensation for this event. It’s nice to see that they back up their product with good support and service.

Saturday is the next scheduled drain and fill so that’s when the next nutrient dosing will happen. Keeping our fingers crossed that it is clear sailing from here till harvest!

4 Likes

@C453Y Glad They Took Care Of You!!

3 Likes

Day 25 - Late Vegetation (Day 1 / 14)

Second fan came on today.

4 Likes

Just be prepared to extend late veg. she’s not quite where she should be after the hiccups, but she’ll recover.

6 Likes

Day 26 - Late Vegetation (Day 2 / 14)

She’s not looking great today. She may be damping off.

3 Likes

Pod is a bit wet, but I don’t see damping off on the stalk. Maybe try pushing the pod up 1/4”-1/2” for now.

2 Likes

@C453Y What I Did At First Hints Of Damping Off, Is Push Up The Pod About An Inch, And CAREFULLY Cut About Half Inch Off The Top.
That Way It’s Not Sitting So Low And It Has A Chance To Dry A Bit.

@FireGuy & @KleanRipz

I pushed the pod up, probably a good 1/2 inch in hopes of getting it to dry out a bit and prevent any further damping off.

4 Likes

Remove the bottom leaves and then watch your leaves to be sure it doesn’t spread. :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

6 Likes

Nice job! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

@FireGuy @KleanRipz @Bplatinum9

Seems like a pretty large amount of nutrients dosed today after the weekly water change. When I was hand-dosing I did 15 ml of bottles 3, 4 and 5. This easily looks to be twice that.

Is it common for the Grobo to dose this much at one time? I’d say it was about 30 ml of each.

Lastly, I was under the understanding that the nutrients - bottle 3, 4 and 5 dose only after a complete drain and fill. Unlike bottles 1 and 2 that monitor the ph hourly and dose accordingly. I have recently read some contradictory information on here that suggests different and just want to have a better understanding of the nutrients and their dousing schedule/s.

3 Likes

Day 29 - Late Vegetation (Day 5 / 14)

4 Likes

The amount it doses is all based on the recipe. 30ml sounds high but it might be right on. As for nute dosing, you are correct. Nutrients ONLY dose after a drain/fill. The EC probe will constantly monitor but will not tell the unit to dose again to stay at a certain EC. Hope that answers your question.

5 Likes

Wow and they seem to be dosing at the same levels!
My nutrients seem to be doing the same thing this time around.
Not sure if my plant was just hungry or if I need to recalibrate!
Some strains do tend to take more nutes.
My one and two are barely touched.
You can send in a ticket and have it checked out or recalibrate!
But my guess is its normal for that strain! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Thanks @FireGuy - that’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming. 30 ml feels a little high for a weekly dose but then depending on the recipe, it may be set to dose heavy early on and the lighten up as the plant matures. We will see. I put in a ticket anyway just to confirm that such a big dose is correct.

4 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9 for the input.

My 1 & 2 are hardly dosing either. Very minimal. It was explained to me that this is somewhat normal when using distilled or RO water and the ph prob will continuously (hourly) check to make sure your ph is correct and if it falls out of range, it will dose to correct.

Unlike bottles 3, 4 and 5 which only dose once a week - triggered by your drain and fill.

3 Likes

Day 31 - Late Vegetation (Day 7 / 14)

6 Likes

I would already go ahead and extend late veg by a week or 2.

3 Likes

I hear you. This poor girl has really been put through the wringer. I will continue to extend till I can get a decent level canopy. She still has a way to go.

I’m waiting to hear back for Support about the nutrients. I still think that Saturdays dose was a bit much. We’ll see what they say.