Strains with low height

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has found a strain that can grow in a Grobo box that doesn’t come close to the top. I’ve tried about a half dozen strains and they all seem to want to grow out of the box. Strain and vendor please. Thanks.

2 Likes

@Trip23 I’m currently growing 8 Ball Kush from Barney’s Farms and it is supposed to be a short and stout plant.

Pretty much any indica dominant strain will be short’ish, sativa’s will grow small. One way to help prevent them from getting too tall is by topping and by using a ScrOG to help train them.

1 Like

Forgot to add, if you are growing an autoflower topping is not recommended.

2 Likes

An autoflower, especially the ones that are in the Ryder family (Low Ryder lineage)
A few of the one I have are Royal Dwarf, which I’m currently germing. LowRyder #1 & #2, Chronic Ryder, Star Ryder, White Dwarf, Red Dwarf, Quick One, Easy Bud, Rhino Ryder, Green Crack… just to name a few :wink:

3 Likes

How potent are these autos when grown right @catnamedkringle

When grown right, they are really close to being as potent as the regulars.

1 Like

Definitely what @VermontGrobo says. Most of these strains on the websites will give you a range of thc they produce. Usually anywhere from 13-19% on average is what I’ve seen

2 Likes

If you guys are into Autos check out Ethos Genetics, top of the elite auto game.

The Girl Scout Cookies auto extreme I’m growing in my trial & much error grow has a thc content of 21%. The regular feminized has the same thc content.

1 Like

@Trip23,

• (We have grown some real short ones): (If you don’t want her real tall, try [Not to Extend To The 2nd Fan] at all): (This may help some):

--

1 Like

I agree with silver, no need to limit yourself to only short/dwarf type strains. Perhaps stay away from those that are known to be extremely tall. Otherwise, you can 100% control the height of your plant in the Grobo with simple training techniques and light schedule adjustments (or lack there of).

2 Likes

Very true. I just have an over abundance of dwarf cannabis seeds. I bought a whole bunch before I bought the grobo because I had about half the height beforehand in the space I was trying to use. When I use up these shorter dwarf strains I have a few medium sized plants I’m gonna grow in the grobo. Northern lights, strawberry cheesecake, etc

2 Likes