Smoke

Anyone had any bad smells from their unit not related to cannabis.

Walked in the office this morning and the room clearly smelled like something electrical had burnt and the lights on the unit were off when they shouldn’t be. I unplugged it and the smell subsided a bit and when replugged in the lights came on. An hour later the lights shut off again and the smell is worse. As I’m no longer at home I had the wife unplug it. Just worried about my house atm.

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo,

https://support.grobo.io

Did you put in a ((#SupportTicket)):ticket::tickets:?.. ((#SupportTeam)) can look at your Data and see if anything is off on their end, and guide you further on how you can fix this or replace something that isn’t right… We don’t smell anything on our end…

:worried:

2 Likes

That is scary!!! Did you check where the male end plugs into the unit? Maybe the power pack is faulty. Def keep it unplugged until you can work with someone over the phone and you plug it in and monitor it while they diagnose your issues. Sorry this is happening to you and hope it gets sorted quickly.

3 Likes

Yeah I have tickets open for both my machines atm. Not much I can do at work atm but wanted to be safe

1 Like

That sucks, what’s wrong with the other?

One machine the bubble maker the bottom died. Its causing root rot on my plants so I ordered some guard pro or something and the other one I haven’t been able to drain or fill since the initial drain and plant.
I have a workaround for bubbles and likely to recover but that’s the machine the lights aren’t working and iz smoking.

Did you simply attach an external pump for the bubbles?

1 Like

Yup. I have the kit now to open the unit and I’ll replace the broken one soon when I have a moment to do it. Bit the plant is looking like shes recovering slowly and the roots should recover but if the lights are screwed I’ll likely lose the white widow

I’m rooting for you brother! I hope all turns out well! :+1::v::beer:

1 Like

Looks like you are having a cross flow fan issue. I’ve pinged @GroboJason to look into that and get you a replacement if needed. Sorry dude! The system automatically shuts down if it gets too hot, so don’t worry too much. We will get you sorted.

Stephen

4 Likes

@Stephen thanks for the update

Any chance the plants need tweaking on nutes atm as they are quite far along in actual passed days but not at that stage physically. Sensations is saying shes in flowering mode but she looks like a 15 day old plant still.

Now that is vital information to have, that our system automatically shuts down if it gets too hot!!! :exploding_head::beer: this is good to know. How hot does it need to get to trigger a shutdown?

3 Likes

What are the temps that shut it off? My unit for some reason was registering at 92 degrees yesterday which is weird cuz I’m in flush and the temp in my house is constant at 69 degrees … I average about 79 degree max temp …

1 Like

I had the same problem. The upper fan quit working. Until a new fan could be delivered, each morning I had to manually spin the fan with my fingers to get revolving again. Had to do that for about two weeks until the grow was finished. Popped in a new fan, issue solved.

1 Like

It’s not triggered by the temp in the unit so much as the temps at the board level, specifically the LED. If it gets too hot, it shuts down. You will see it come back to life once it cools off to repeat the cycle. If you experience this, please contact support@grobo.ca.

Stephen

4 Likes

Thanks @Rmac that’s exactly what it was I think. Started spinning

1 Like