Small plant / huge leaves! Extend shift? Need advice

Hello dear allgrowers,
I have a little lady of the strain (Rainbow Road) and I am in (LG 13/14). Since the recipe itself was not available I chose the “express fast Candy Kush” recipe because it sounded very similar to me as a layman. Tomorrow is the change to the new phase, but I still have a pair of concerns and would like to know your opinion.

• I feel the plant still looks a little small and therefore I have doubts whether it is too early for the phase change. Should I move on to the next phase or extend it?
  • The leaves are huge and very well supplied with blood and look like they are the support of the plant. What should I do with them? Cut them or bend them?
  • I had the advancedHydro fertilizer set delivered. Does anyone have experience with it?? Does Grobo tolerate additional fertilizer at all?How often/when do you use additional vitamins??
  • Bottle 5 seems to be very empty? Ist this normal??

Hope for your help.
Many thanks in advance!

2 Likes

You are 5 weeks in and I can see some remnants of trimmed leaves. How often are you trimming? Trimming may be what is causing the plant to be small.

2 Likes

Rainbow Road is a sativa dominant hybrid. Express Fast Candy Kush is a indica dominant hybrid with some ruderalis traits which is why it is labeled “fast”.

It would be best if you changed your recipe to Generic Hybrid. Rainbow Road is 60/40 sativa so somewhat balanced. Not enough Sativa genetics to choose the Generic Sativa recipe though.

Once you select the Generic Hybrid recipe you will need to advance your grow to Late Veg. Keep it in Late Veg until you reach about 2/3rds of the way to the 2nd fan.

It looks like you might be trying to increase the humidity by placing bowls of water and wet towels inside? You would get much better results from a humidifier.

6 Likes

She looks small; you should definitely extend until she grows more. This is a photoperiod seed right?How are the roots looking?

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the tip! had never thought that someone ever writes back to me because it was not the recipe on the Grobo homepage available.Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for work and unfortunately forgot my private cell phone at home. Had changed the recipe as advised and now waiting until she has grown a little more . Here is an update of the lady after 5 days of absence.

1 Like

Im now in LG 3/8
She looks much stronger than before.
But i have concerns that the newcomers get too less light and the already large leaves give too much shade. do you have a tip or advice on how to apply the bindetechnik here would be? or cut off?Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for work and unfortunately forgot my private cell phone at home. Had changed the recipe as advised and now waiting until she has grown a little more . Here is an update of the lady after 5 days of absence.
I’m worried that the offspring will get too little light and the already large leaves provide too much shade. What is the best way to attach them or how much trim?

Stupid question about the humidifier recommendation… does it fit in the Grobo? :sweat_smile:

You can trim away big leaves that are blocking growth sites.
I like to tuck them away and under other leaves too, that is less destructive.
But these plants tend to actually benefit from some stress. I think growers advise to keep trimming under 20% at a time to avoid too much shock.

1 Like

@GrandmasterFlashHP,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/ultimate-grow-guide-video-new-release/2627/6

• (No Humidifiers In Or Too Close To The Unit): {:warning:}:

- - -

@GrandmasterFlashHP,

• (I Wouldn’t Extend [LateVeg.] Stage -Because- You Are Already Up To The Second Fan): (Our Limit Here So In Case She Gets Too Tall):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

I will submit the photo of the roots on Saturday at the next water change.

1 Like

Here is a picture of the roots. And an update. (LG 7/8) day 43
Today she gets a last time a small trim.
Will extend the phase again for recovery.

1 Like