Salve from trim

Has anyone in any of their grows made a salve from their trim? Or just from the bud. Or a mixture of both?

I’m not sure the trimmings from One plant would be enough, maybe for small batch. I might try. I saved my trim so far (was only 30g wet weight) so it was very little. After decarb it would probably only be a couple grams. So would prob need at least 10g dry weight to even make it worth while to make a batch.

Thoughts? Experience?

5 Likes

@rainstorm3,
https://www.google.com/search?q=salve+from+their+trim&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
Does this help?.. :thinking:

Thanks @SilverGrobo I’ve looked it up extensively, but wanted to know if anyone here had actually had experience doing it.

When I harvest I’ll be making a salve/rub anyway. So I’ve saved all the trim and will be using some of the bud in a coconut oil and beeswax base. We shall see how it turns out!

2 Likes

Well, I used all the popcorn bud and all the trim that I had saved and then decarbed, and made my first batch of CBD oil turned into a topical salve. Turned out pretty darn amazing If I do say so myself. By my estimate each jar has about 50mg of CBD oil in it.

I used coconut oil as the first medium, then to make the salve I used:
Pure beeswax
Vitamin E
Essential oils

I’ve tested on my chronically sore shoulder and hamstring, and it’s awesome. Definitely comparable to lotions I’ve previously spent $30-$75 per jar on.

Next up will be CBd lip balm :+1:t4::+1:t4:

5 Likes

@rainstorm3,

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::herb::green_thumb:

1 Like

Hey @rainstorm3

I live in a recreational use bubble. I love to hear positive medicinal uses for the product I enjoy so much. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3,

Job really well done!! I find many of our growers are also ‘makers’ or brewers or foodies. It’s so satisfying right!?

4 Likes

I make cbd tincture for my 13 year old yellow lab. He has arthritis in his hips and old puppy injuries. Twice a day in his food, 3 squirts. He’s doing so well:)) also have made salve and tincture for my old injuries and arthritis. It helps so much!:))

4 Likes

I used all my trim in my magic butter machine. A cup of canna butter, a jar of raw Shea butter, a jar of coconut oil and essential oil for scent. Melt all together over double boiler or I use a small crockpot on low till all is melted and mixed. You can put in jars as is and let set up, or almost set and whip with mixer for “fluffy” lotion:))

4 Likes

@FawnDeer awesome! I’ve been using all my trim mixed in with the popcorn and some actual bud to make my CBD salve. It works awesome! Better than Advil :+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

6 Likes

That’s a professional looking product you’re producing! :green_thumb:

2 Likes