Rusty leaves

Best way to tell is to feel the roots. If slimy and the res smells weird, then yes. If not then it’s just nute and recharge stain. Nothing to worry about. If it is slimy then your res water is too warm :+1::v:

5 Likes

That’s magnesium deficiency :+1::v:Add cal/mag in small doses until corrected

4 Likes

I just ordered some, how much should I use. And should I add it during next drain/fill or am I good just adding it anytime? Thanks

2 Likes

@Rx-78-2,

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork)): :green_thumb:

--

((#PhProbe)): ((#PhSensor)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/first-grow-tangerine-dream/3512/9?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/brown-spots-on-leaves/1219/45?u=silvergrobo

--

Summary

This ticket was made for Our Blueberry Grow when I didn’t clean the sensor one day:

The Nutrients should be locked in after knowing how well the plant takes to them: We use the same water every time:

What if we did this?: :question:

--

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=botanicare

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I meant to ask you guys, do I need to remove the leaves with rust colored marks on them or just treat with cal/mag?

Hey @Rx-78-2,

Those leaves won’t heal themselves, so once they are more than 50% crisp/spotted, they are not helping with the plant at all and can be removed. Focus on the new growth to ensure your Cal/Mag is being absorbed by the plant.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Thanks Stephen!

1 Like

I’ve removed the rusty leaves with more than 50% spots on them and added cal/mag after drain/fill. How often should I add cal/mag?

2 Likes

Until you see no more rusting. I’d also add it to my reg feeding schedule at half strength to prevent the issue from happening again :+1::v:

2 Likes

I’m seeing something similar on my first grobo grow. We are in day 16 and it’s a cheese Auto from canuk. I measured the pH to be around 6.3-6.4

Just did a water change 3 days ago and the spots turned from greyish brown to rust colored since.

Should I grab some of this cal/mag?

4 Likes

Your nutrients already have cal mag in them you really should wait for support to just adjust your nutrients I think.

2 Likes

Good to know… thanks @Bplatinum9 how do you know what is in each of the 5 grobo bottles. I wonder sometimes what would I do if grobo nut kits were suddenly unavailable. Can I mix my own?

1 Like

You can mix your own if you were offline and didnt use drain and fill etc…
Other nutrients were not formulated for Grobos Probes, sensors, drains, etc… It could break/clog your system.

4 Likes

More very valuable info… thanks @Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Bottle(1) Basic: to increase your plants ph level works with bottle (2) to make sure its balanced and your plant is healthy.

Bottle(2) Acidic: used to reduce your plants ph level.

Bottle(3) Micro: Gives your plant the tasty nutrients that they need to blossom from a tiny seedling into a big beautiful plant that’s ready to harvest.

Bottle(4) Macro: Nobody likes being hungry and your plant is no different, (3) & (4) work together to keep your plant feed.

Bottle(5) Balanced: balances and primes your water to help your plants thrive. Brings your water to the perfect state to grow in if your using distilled or Reverse Osmosis water.

5 Likes

Cal mag issue. Please add cal mag

6 Likes

@Bplatinum9 is saying there is already cal mag in the nutrients that come with the grobo.

2 Likes

You add more cal-mag in, you risk worsening the situation.

Since you cant see your data - Your at the whim of Grobo.

I have a Blue Labs PH and Conductivity Pen for situations like this. Just a shame, because the Grobo already has these sensors, we just cant see it.

4 Likes

I have both a pH and ec pen. Teach me

2 Likes

@Osage, is as experienced as it gets and his advice is solid, he would know what and how to add but you will still need to know why this has happened on top of the experience he possess.
Its like going from 4 to a 10 without understanding the whole picture.
So yes his advice will always be correct and if your confident in what your doing he has the best advice!
Lord knows I have followed him without question.

5 Likes