Rounded asymmetrical leafs, moldy cocoa pod

Okay so during my first grow there was some small fungi on my cocoa pod and everything turned out fine. This grow, I’m getting more of a fuzzy mold on my cocoa pod and the first “true” leafs are rounded and asymmetrical… any ideas? It’s had a few days of 85 degree heat and the water temperature has been a tad higher than I’d like. I’ve also been using hydroguard. Currently day 15 overall. Pics attached, strain is Cherry Pie from ILGM

1 Like

Well today was drain/fill and the plant is looking better I believe but the cocoa pod was totally soaked. - my worry got the best of me to today I started exactly-knifing the mold off. There was also quite a bit of red looking dots on my cocoa pod too… sprayed a light peroxide/water solution on the pod and cleaned the rest of the Grobo with 91% iso. Wrapped a paper towel around it to dry the cocoa pod again then putting my extra fan back in. Cherry Pie looked a little lean-y after removal of the top layer of the cocoa pod. I raised it way up and then look what I noticed underneath… little bastard!!! I’m guessing this is an aphid? Little yellow winged guy… hopefully a guy… didn’t want to let go either. It got the exacto knife treatment as well… hopefully cherry pie makes it! If not, at least I only wasted a couple weeks. Wish me luck!!

1 Like