This is what happened, it was overflowing into the lower part of the Grobo before I was able to stop it.
The brown stuff in the bottle is the Recharge that was mixed in my reservoir when I did the drain and fill.
It might also be where the hoses meet the pump, those connections could be reversed…
They are set up the same way as the other 4 pumps. Betting they were wired backwards, reversing the polarity.
Agreed! Discharge could be on supply and supply on discharge. See this at work a lot…!
Not having looked at this section of the machine in detail, are the wires soldered in place or can they be easily unplugged and reversed? @dukz009 you had to open yours up recently, did you happen to notice?
Honestly didn’t look for the exact connectors for the nutes but I did notice that they’re all wired to connectors. The “click in” type connectors with the small engagement pin.
I’m assuming the 1 to 5 connectors are the nutes? DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS As this is an assumption.
@VermontGrobo perhaps check your plugs and see if the one powering that pump looks opposite from the others.
@VermontGrobo - I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had this issue. It should have been caught in QC so we will certainly look into that.
If you reach out to us at email@example.com we’ll get you fixed up with more nutrients and they can send a proper guide on how to fix this.
There should be no reason to open up your unit at all. The issue is most likely that the hoses are installed backwards. The one that’s installed in the bottle should have been installed into the tank and vice-versa. The fix will be to reverse those two hoses.
Just shoot us an email and you’ll be sorted out in no time. Your plant looks healthy right now and should make it through!
@bjorn I reversed the hoses for bottle 4, testing it now to see if it is fixed.
Our support team can also help you test if you’d like. Let us know how it goes!
@bjorn it wouldn’t hurt for future machines to add an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inches to the tube that is in the reservoir. I was able to get them reversed, but the one in the nute bottle doesn’t have any play to it, not pinched off. I’ll post a pic in a minute, the tube is long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle, but if it was bottle 1 or 5 it may not have reached all the way to the bottom.
@bjorn here’s what it looks like now.
@bjorn I also checked the connection to the pump and it is connected the same way as the other 4 pumps, so it looks like somehow the polarity for that one pump got reversed. After this grow is done I may pop the back open to see if the wiring for #4, specifically the connection to the mobo, has the black and white wires reversed at the plug.
(So Sorry This Happened To You):
In case anyone is interested in how this was resolved, and didn’t read my other post on the support forum.
I ended up pulling the hose from the reservoir and swapping ends so the it pumped in the correct direction. The hose that was originally in the reservoir was close to being too short, but I was able to get it situated so the hose reaches the bottom of the nute bottle.
@Stephen did a test pump and we were able to verify that it was now pumping in the correct direction.
Good! Happy it worked out for you!