Prism / Wappa and Super Skunk - Tent organic LOS

Stacking up really nice Todd you have some nice product coming your way soon.

4 Likes

Thanks @Mpower11
Looking better everyday for sure.
Loving this process though

4 Likes

Think it will be ready on time?

4 Likes

4th tea. No one tells you its messy just stinky.

7 Likes

My goodness. Sure looks amazing :star_struck: :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Wappa smells so nice atm

4 Likes

I bet.

3 Likes

Now that winter is coming i can raise my humidity but the heat doesn’t go up. Better combo than smokey summer

3 Likes

I can tell you it’s stinky and messy!! Lol

How are you putting your tea bag in and out of that container?

4 Likes

It’s a powder mix with the molasses so I just pour it in and shake it up every 4 hours with 2 air stones popped in the top
I am not currently adding in worm poop until I find a better tea-making container with no overflow or smell.

I also am thinking the 7-gallon pots pose different concerns than the 5-gallon pots or less. I Will likely not use 7 in the future.

4 Likes

Now that makes more sense to me now :+1:

To the best of my understanding you don’t want your tea container sealed. You want it to be able to gas and have lots of air available.

But I don’t have any data or links backing it’s just want I was told by fellow tea making when I asked about brewing in more of a sealed container.

Worm castings would be a good bonus to add in one day for sure.

Also not sure how your timing it but just a FYI molasses should be added to your mature tea not in the beginning.

5 Likes

I was just thinking that. My garage is a cool 65 right now.

3 Likes

I am just following the instructions on the packaging my friend. It states to mix it all together and let it sit for 24-36 hours which is usually how long it sits for. I do not seal the lids except when I shake them because I don’t want them to spill. Then toss back in the airstones and she keeps bubbling away. I do notice sediment build-up that doesn’t easily come out per se so I shake in between every refill for the plants so as to shake it all up again. I am not sure how it’s comparing to last time as the flowers could have a month left, I am not sure atm. We’ll see in about two weeks how they look. I may extend the teas because of that.

2 Likes

@STANK
Technically they should come down tomorrow according to my calendar I did at the very start of the grow. I will post photos tomorrow for everyone to decide. hehehe.
All the thrips seem to be eliminated as I can spend 20 minutes looking and not see one now.
The two pinched plants are already in plant fade, I suspect because of the pinched stems and recovery required. Likely extra nutes were used from the soil. The other 2 that were not pinched are still a solid green leaf.
This was still an experimentation as I crammed all 4 in a tiny 2.5 tent and its too many but it was our hot summer. So I am fairly confident we managed to make it through in the tent and the temperature is still high but the plants have responded well to the changes.
I have some pretty distinct branching in the coming photos that will show how successful the scrog was. So 2 plants it is next! scrog those babies up.

3 Likes

Ya I plan on doing 3 or 4 plants in the 2X2X5. Probably go with 3 the first run so as not to be overwhelmed. Thanks for the insight sir.

3 Likes

I did 3 in it last grow, seemed to be a better fit, especially for scrogging, more room to lay them out flat, the bud will develop more evenly rather than larger at the top and small at the bottom it will all just be medium to large colas, nothing small.
I am in a 2.5x3.5x5 and 3 is probably the max I’ll do. With both grobos booted up that only leaves me with 2 the next grow, but a ok, will test out some different stuff this run. Hopefully I can test out some autos in 2022 with a new space. My old Blueberry thread was the 3 plant grow!

2 Likes

Your girls looks amazing Todd, I would not mind getting a tent down the road and trying out soil. One day hehe.

2 Likes

How does the tea inter act with plants and how does it circulate to the plants or does it dispense into the air, I am clueless of the topic if you would not mind explaining to me.

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Tea enhances the growing environment for beneficial fungi and bacteria to break down the food for the plant to eat. Growing organically means you’re not feeding the plant, she feeds herself. I like simple processes. Feeding my plant x y z is not simple IMO, especially when it alters PH of your water etc.
Different teas are recommended for different amounts of use. The one I did I used every 8 days 4 times during the flowering process. Alternating with Water.

3 Likes

So you are starting off with a good rich soil and just pretty much watering her with PH’d water or you add nutrients to the water every other week with the tea?

1 Like