Prism / Wappa and Super Skunk - Tent organic LOS

I am only 21 so don’t take my word with a hammer, this is my first grow as well, do not want to lead you in the wrong direction!! :grin:

4 Likes

It mostly depends on what “you” want out of it. Higher THC and smaller yields or you let it go a week or two and get more quantity usually with slightly lower THC.

You can always change things up as long as you didn’t start the flush. I think I am going for the 30% amber as I want to see how big I can get the buds. It turns amber before you end it.

3 Likes

@Mpower11
Interesting little find here.
Growing in 100% coco coir is an increasingly popular method many gardeners are trying out. This is considered a soilless method, and the medium does not contain composted plant matter that the microbes can easily transmute. Since the matrix of the medium is less dense, and is not composed of a variety of organic composts, it has a low cation exchange capacity(aka: CEC). This basically means it doesn’t have the ability in its structure to hold onto positively charged ions and exchange them readily with plant roots. This is exactly why coco coir has become popular: the lower CEC allows the grower to control the nutrient content of the soil by adding synthetic nutrients in a constant regimen.

For Earth Dust users, however, this is less than ideal. Earth Dust is designed to simulate nature in that it uses readily available organic matter in the medium. This is not to say it’s impossible. If you are using coco coir, we suggest you start with 3-5 tablespoons of Base and 1 tablespoon of Boost for every gallon of coco coir. Blending in some additional organic material such as peat moss may prove helpful as well. Paying attention to the pH of your water is more important with coco coir as well, since the low CEC limits the relative amount of ionic exchange, which in turn limits the microbial capacity to regulate pH. A good range to aim for in the pH of your water when using coco is 5.8 – 6.5. Coco coir is also not very good at retaining water, so a much more rigorous schedule will be in order.

4 Likes

And if California super soil and fox farm is used you don’t have to feed or ph your water correct? I will be starting my tent grow with this on Sunday. Anyone else ever used this? And I will be using my own distilled water I am distilling at home as I use in the grobo. I’ll keep you guys posted as to how it works. ALL INPUT IS MORE THAN WELCOME.

5 Likes

@Todd.grobo makes total sense thanks for the read. I used many different media’s over the years… End of the day I found advantages and disadvantages Coco vs LOS. At this time I hooked on LOS as long as you have a big pot the bud size has been unmatched for my grows vs Coco… I will add I know growers that will only grow in Coco

4 Likes

Many factors will equal if feed is needed… I have never to date been able to feed a crop from seed to harvest with only water… But if your pot is big enough it can be possible I believe…

True you don’t have to Ph your soil if you follow one simply rule… The theory is simple never add anything to the soil that is not Natural… Keep you soil alive and it will take care of the plant for you… Kill the soil with synthetic products and you will have to be in charge of PH etc…

Hope that helps.

5 Likes

That runs exactly with what my studies have shown me. Thanks so much sir.

4 Likes

Or just use all AN nutes as you dont have to worry about the ph as their products will adjust it they claim. Not sure this applies to dirt or not as I looked for hydro stuff.

I watched a video test of them using 3 different water ph’s and after adding their products to all of them, high, low they adjusted to what they wanted it to be. I was impressed, it really changed the ph in low and high ph water.

3 Likes

One thing you still need to watch is how stable the product is but let’s just put that aside for a second you can of course use Advanced Nutrient’s but this isn’t the style of growing referring to above. This is synthetic growing which has some Pro’s to it but also has Con’s like everything… You have to pick a path and follow it… Meaning are growing Synthetic or Organic… If you choose to go synthetic no real point spending extra $$$ on LOS / supersoil. Just my thoughts

5 Likes

Thanks, I thought it might not apply :grinning: but never looked into soil much.

3 Likes

2 days of darkness started at 8am

6 Likes

Interesting drying on the prism.

5 Likes

Man oh man do these plants look amazing, damn good job on this grow sir, going to get my fingers dirty with soil soon!

I don’t know when but within 6 months or so

3 Likes

Oh yeah. :+1:t2: Looking good. That’s some nice stacking. Are you happy with it?

2 Likes

To be honest no. I am disappointed in what I see quantity-wise, but, I recovered from a pest (of which I haven’t experienced this issue before and I shouldn’t have been able to), I think the 3 punch approach worked.
I haven’t lost any grows yet, but saw lots of areas for improvement. This grow was still in my head considered a test grow as most of what I did was a new technique or new to me in general. I like what I have learned from the last two grows and am confident the next will be a killer harvest based on what I consider the minimum and maximum events for my environment.
It’s getting chopped down Monday morning, so we’ll see in a few weeks how much she weighs. Definitely smells delicious though

7 Likes

If you ask me, approaching every grow with this mentality is how we all get better at our craft!

6 Likes

Did you have nits @Todd.grobo or what were the little critters called, I know you said you got some living insects to eat them out of the soil, what were the beneficial insects called?

4 Likes

Thrips.
Typically they overtake your grow or last until the end. I haven’t seen any in a few weeks.

1.) Treated the soil
2.) Treated the leaves x 4 times
3.) Put predatory mites in to eat anything left over

Seems to have worked.

5 Likes

I didn’t know about the pest. That sucks. Your right with the number of grows you’ve done. I’ve applied your thoughts on other things in life and find some things are better left alone. You have the knowledge and experience. If I get it right or close the first time I may not do anything different on the next. I definitely understand you. Killer Harvest huh? Can’t wait. I’m sure I’ll say that after every grow we all do. :rofl::+1:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I like to think that’s just my positive go-lucky happy I am learning and alive attitude. Thanks, @FireGuy!

6 Likes