Please help me ASAP! Stuck with preflowers. No buds?

I’ve been growing Cinderella 99 for a while, had no problems until this grow. It’s been in flower mode for over 160 days now, and still only showing signs of pre-flower white hairs with others browning. Barely any calyxes, no real bud development. Every time I defoliate the green leaves covering bud sites (at Grobo support’s suggestion), it doesn’t seem to mature the bud sites and the plant appears to just regrow leaves. They even switched to a 14-10 dark/light cycle to jumpstart the flowering. That was over a month ago with no success.

Grobo support said my plant would be ready to cut down in two weeks but I think they are WAY off on that suggestion. There aren’t any flowers to harvest. I know these are feminized seeds and I’ve grown the same strain from seeds of the same pack, with no problems.

Does anyone know if I should suck it up and start over or do you think it will eventually flower and actually give me something? I’ve burned through almost 3 sets of nutrients, and nearly 9 months on this plant. I’m very frustrated. I have a small fan in the unit to help with air circulation and only keep it there during the day time. I used white electrical tape on the top of the unit to prevent light leaks. I only use a little hydroguard for every fill-up, which I did on my last grow and nothing bad happened.

Pictures are listed below

4 Likes

Just curious if you’ve been able to actually verify the original 12/12 or 14/10 lighting? Also, as a long shot…are there any MAJOR light leaks? Grobo solid or premium? Sounds to me like she started to flower and now is in a constant state of re-veg.

5 Likes

There are no major light leaks that I can determine, I just did a grow in this same (standard) unit before with absolutely no problems, and kept the unit in the same place. I even taped off the top rim where the metal hits the wood, to be sure there were no extra leaks.

For the cycle, it goes off at 4PM then turns on at 6AM. I’ve witnessed this. I also think it’s in a reveg state, as the plant grew a considerable height while supposedly in flower for like three weeks. I raised that possibility with grobo support, that’s when we tried the transition to 14-10. But it clearly didn’t work, since there is still little to no bud development.

4 Likes

Since you’ve answered my questions that threw out my thoughts…@Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @miami5th @Wake @Vicc @SilverGrobo @Chad_Johnson any thoughts?

4 Likes

The only possible thing I can think of is if enough light is hitting the plant due to the back fans, which is something I’ve never considered until just now. I have my unit in my living room that’s by a window, and maybe there is light leaking into the unit from the back fans, because it goes “dark” at 4PM while there is still light out. I also am in my living room often with lights on (small apartment). However; I did this exact same process and set up last year and harvest hardy flowers by early august (still in the same spot, same amount of light out during the day, and same time for starting the dark period) with no problems.

I’ve now taped over the fans with some packing paper, but left the sides without tape so air could still flow. Maybe this will work, but I doubt it (very pessimistic at this point)

3 Likes

Not a light leak problem!
I’m experiencing the same issue right now with my grow!
Nope never had an issue with other grows!
And I can’t pin point the issue either!
I’m gonna start over in about one more week, gonna put her in flush and call It.
Looking at your grow I would think its stress related due to all the growth on the stalks but hard to be sure!
I do have some bud growth on mine but the tops are mostly white hairs and the rest popcorn w /hairs.
I’m on 77 days of flower.
I recommend the best clean and calibration of grobos life and a restart!
You can also put her in a pot, a tent, outside etc… to see if she will bud! :eyes::seedling:
I am curious if you started this grow in the grobo start or the regular lid?
Mine was the grobo start.
Also if you spent extra time in late veg?
I did…
Did you choose a recipe with the correct name and brand?
I did not because there was no recipe and I chose not to use generic but a recipe with half the name of my genetics… Which I am contributing to my downfall. :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

I started the grow in the standard unit with official seeds, and my veg time was approximately the same as my previous runs. I’m at a complete loss as to why this is happening, especially if it’s not a light leak problem.

Could it be the spectrum of light? Or something related to the unit itself? There was recently a firmware update so perhaps that might impact the cycle or spectrum.

3 Likes

My 1st thought is that its a light issue. Maybe the full spectrum isn’t working and your only getting certain spectrums? I’m not sure if support can help determine that or not… and just to be sure, are you for sure growing a photoperiod? Or could it be an auto?

5 Likes

I am within 96% certainty it’s definitely photoperiod and a feminized seed, it’s from the same pack I grew a full harvest from

3 Likes

I am with you. It’s in the living room with light sources constantly on and off after bedtime. No “major” light leaks is great, but it should be NO light leaks. Hence the problem. I am still with Chad, maybe try to find a different spot for it?

4 Likes

Auto

It’s definitely not an auto flower, and grobo support confirmed the unit is functioning as it should. Any thoughts as to if increasing the dark time more would help? Or maybe 24 hours of full darkness to jumpstart things?

I removed interior/dying growth from some colas to help air circulate and light penetrate. I also cut a small branch that was getting no light and had nothing to show.

I’m letting this go until the end of May, and if I see no more bud development, I’m going to call it a loss.

2 Likes

@DFB, @Bplatinum9,

• (I Wish That Was All Bud My Friend):

• (Well The Only Thing I Have Is, It Might Have [SomeThing] To Do With The [UpDate], If It Is Happening To “Both Of You”): (Can You Verify that The Lights Are Definitely On When They Are Supposed To Be, -Or- Vise Versa): (I Hate To See You Go Through Another Full Grow To Find Out That It Happened Again): (A Waiste Of Both Your Time -And- :moneybag: :money_with_wings:): (Maybe They Have A [Bug] In Their System -And- The Spectrum Is Veg Spectrum Only):

• (Cannabis plants flower when they receive 12 hours of light and 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness per day. Either your plant is getting too much light or the dark time is being interrupted with light.):

• (What if the lights were turned off and on irregularly?): (You’ll find lanky, irregular buds and an increased probability of hermaphroditism.):

• (I Think Lights Out For Many Hours Would Be Worth It For Just When You Are Ready To Harvest, -But- Just Want To Boost Trichomes Potency): (We Just Did Just This On Our [GreenCrackGrow] This Go Round):

image {ThisIsIt :bulb:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

I might be a bit late to the party here, but noticed this:

What happened to those leaves? Can that be prevented? Damage like this during flower might’ve caused it to focus on roots instead of buds.

1 Like

i think thats normally caused when they touch each other. I have 1 or two leafs on my plants that had something similar on it. nothing wrong with the leaf, just removed one of the two touching.
There are too many leaves touching in those photos. That could have caused stress too.

3 Likes