Plants over 70 days

Haven’t uploaded pretty at all for this round… here’s some frosty shots … I don’t remember what day I’m in but I’m finishing up 2 weeks of flush on Monday … trichomes aren’t amber yet but have purple stalks on the trichomes… but anywho… she is super frosty and sticky … this will be my last run with the trapstar as she is not a big yielder but the smoke on her is one of the best I’ve had

13 Likes

Beautiful @chris_barfield!

4 Likes

Thanks @Dew

3 Likes

You think this run is better? Might have to wait to answer than until you can smoke it lol just wondering cause I know you transplanted your last trapstar

2 Likes

This run was definitely better adding silica def made my buds denser … she grew faster… buds are bigger than before and stinkier … the plant is just not a big producer

3 Likes

What is this silica that you speak of? Sounds interesting. Well hopefully the smoke is better too

2 Likes

Could you go into a little more detail regarding the silica?

Are you using Grobo nutrients or have you opted to just fill the bottles with your choice of nutrients (I thought I remember reading you were taking this approach, I could be wrong)?

Have you used any foliage sprays during any of your grows?

Looking forward to seeing your harvest :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

@Rich So I chose to use my own nutrients I mixed then added to the reservoir … I didn’t use any of the nutrient bottles…

As far as silica goes I saw a boost in vigor as well as bigger stronger stalk and stems which gave way to a foundation for bigger buds… I noticed the plant grew faster and seemed a little bit woodier than the mom… all in all I definitely believe the hype When it comes to silica… I ran her mom from seed and then a clone and could very much tell the difference.

I did not use any foliage spray I chose to feed in the roots … the buds seemed a lot more compact ( but not like the Ganja that comes really hard and huge bugs…I dunno how to explain it :joy:) any way they were denser but in a natural way …

Smell is much stinkier but still remnants of the original smell from the mom …

The plant is much frostier than before … all I have is my iPhone XS so I can’t really do a compare and contrast as the camera is by far not good enough…

2 Likes

So is the silica an additive on top of the nutrients, regardless of you mixing your own or using the Grobo?

1 Like

Yea it’s an additive but I didn’t use grobo nutrients this run …

1 Like

That’s cool, what was the brand that you used? I’m just curious and want to look into this further

2 Likes

I went with the advanced nutrients
ph perfect connoisseur with the supplements

2 Likes

Can you go into a little overview of how to determine how much to feed your plant each week? This is a wild ass approach and I like seeing the plant and unit respond without using Grobo nutrients.

1 Like

Hey @Rich & @chris_barfield

Thought I’d jump in too. I’m still using grobo nutes in my Grobo they’ve been dialed in pretty good but I too will experiment with my own nutes in the grobo too at some point.

With that being said I’m currently using Fox Farm Trio for soil grows and having great results. I may give the advance nutrient lineup a test try too.

Here’s the feeding schedule I use. Those PPMs seem high to me I go half strength and happy plants. Start low and ramp up not to burn. I add Cal/mag too since I use distilled water.

4 Likes

Alright well I started by calculating what the recommended dosages were and then I cut that by 50 percent and watched how the plant responded … she had a faint tint of yellow at the tips so I stayed at 50 percent and then she adjusted … my plant never mike going over 890 ppm but I’m not sure what scale my tds meter is on … wether it’s .5 or .7 etc… I ran my supplements to the base nutrients at full strength… my only mistake would’ve been veg more and train more … I vegged for 4 weeks and the flipped …

Once I got to flower I again watched thinking well the plant is doing more so up nutrients … my plant did not like that as you can see by the burnt tips … the tips were not severely burned but after weeks of light exposure they looking I over fed her hard which I didn’t … the silica I ran all the way through week 6 and then I used a late bloomer enhancer …

1 Like

Yea I want to try other brands out but not going to lie advanced nutrients products do work even though they charge so much but I have to say ima happy customer

1 Like

@Rich i
Started with like 300 ppm and then worked up you watch the leaves to see if they burn and what not and it will give you a better idea of what your plant likes … if she burns flush her with water and then have I again …

1 Like

I use advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom. I was worried because she almost died because of my drain and fill issues. Grobo wasn’t detecting that I filled so she started to starve. Then I lost my tap root. I started giving her B-52 and the tap root or something started growing. She exploded in roots. Thick roots. I didn’t want her to starve again so I started giving her the sensi grow. She perked up and has been growing like crazy. Now I’m giving her sensi bloom the next step. She rebounded super fast and in 3 days has almost gotten to the 2nd fan. I’m going on vacay for a week so I’m going to top her water off shes drinking like crazy. I’m giving her bud candy too. I haven’t started my silica yet. But I saw a monster stalk of someone who uses it.

I only give 50% dose. In flower I have my ppm about 6-700.

6 Likes

I’d say that was a bounce back

Glad I helped you

1 Like