Plant almost touching the top

You may wish to invest in a power supply you can use for these issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NB63H1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thanks for the advice power back on now everything is good

2 Likes

smells great buds fatter

4 Likes

Hey guys I had to push my cocoa pod down now when I refill my Coco pod Is underwaterAny suggestions

1 Like

@Ramizar13,

((#ShouldBeFine)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=push%20the%20coco%20pod%20%20user%3Astephen

--

:groboone: :green_thumb::droplet:

((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

((#Trichomes)): :eye::microscope::video_camera:

@Bplatinum9 :wink: ((#FavoriteShared)):

https://allgrowers.grobo.io/uploads/default/original/2X/e/e2d9ed3c5d8f00c33b5631fcbe6d7a55fc58a70a.jpeg

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=trichomes

--

:eye::microscope::video_camera:

1 Like

Thanks guys I’m currently skipping the Thirsty alert and only put more water during the drain and refill to let the cocoa pod dry out somewhat trying to avoid mold I’m closely monitoring the pod is always touching water and it’s never driedDuring the refill I’m pulling out about a gallon of water

3 Likes

You don’t really have to worry about your coco pod in this stage. The mold it gets is a normal occurence, I would top it up about halfway through your fill week though, idk I always do, I just pushed mine through as well. My fills a Monday and I top up Thursday night just for reference

1 Like

I think I’m late to harvest hairs are red but not recieding going into second flush what do you guys think

4 Likes

4 Likes

Day 108

1 Like

I do see ambers

2 Likes

Looks pretty good to me. Make sure to look all over, take small clippings from top, middle, and bottom and you’ll see where you are roughly. But if you think she’s ready then give’r lol. Get another baby in the oven! Lol

1 Like

Going to put some ice and let her go till Monday should I do two days of darkness before I pull it

1 Like

What do you mean by Ice? Not too sure how you’d go by keeping her in complete darkness for 2 days before harvest, I don’t think the box will let you tbh. Also not sure of the legitimacy of letting it stay in the dark, I’ve read about it but I don’t think two days is going to make that much of a difference :man_shrugging:. Someone else can chime in on the matter if they’ve done it or thinks it’s worth it. But I don’t think it’ll affect it much

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson - it’s been suggested that keeping the plant in darkness for 2-3 days before harvest will:

1. force the plant to squeeze out the most resin it can in the final days; as this is said to mainly happen at night
  2. force the plant to use up as much stored energy as it can; as without light it can’t photosynthesize – the rumor is that it helps to reduce the chlorophyll levels and amount of stored energy

The reasoning for them is:

1. potency - stickier buds and possibly more amber trichomes
  2. curing - supposedly this also reduces the chlorophyll levels resulting in an easier cure and smoother smoke

There are also stories and videos of people drilling holes or piercing the bottom of the stalks with a nail or spike, to shock the plant with a bit of (serious) damage which is said to cause it to “finish up faster” (or sap more nutrients from leaves instead of roots).

I’ve been planning to try the darkness with my current grow (harvesting this week) - with the extra airstones being used I can just unplug the grobo for a few days to kill the lights.

The “ice trick” is mainly to simulate frozen ground to make the plant think winter is coming, another “hurry up” tactic.

4 Likes

Yeah I know about the darkness etc. Just was saying idk the legitimacy behind it. I get what it’s supposed to do in theory but does it actually make that much of a difference is what I was more or less saying.

2 Likes

@Russel_Richardson - same here. Will let you know if I notice any difference though it’ll probably take a few attempts to discern.

3 Likes

Thanks this conversation is helping me to decide if I should try these tricks or not it seems like trial and error will tell don’t wanna spike sounds to serious

What about starving the plant not watering before harvest to stress the plant any input about this method