I went ahead and cleaned up some of the undergrowth, I didnt want to remove any more than that at once. I didnt realize how many bud sites were covered until I started cleaning up a bit… so sticky, and the ozium air freshener canister works wonders because my hands have residue and they are definitely potent.
So it took about a week to recover from the removal of the fan leaves. She stopped stacking almost complete during that time. In the last 2 days seeing rapid stacking of buds, some scrumptious orange fibers, and light yellowing of leaves. Definitely shocked her a bit I think, but still on track.
I’m thinking that 2ish more weeks of flowering with clusters of white hairs still exposed on some main colas. This round I’m prepped for patience with curing, I pulled the trigger way to early with previous grow. That was such a harsh smoke. I definitely think I’d like another Grobo at some point.
Day 136 and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Still waiting for a little amber before I flip to the flush, but I dont think I’m extending this time. Just going to let it finish out and try the drying mode of machine this time. If I dont have the storage tubes and liquid for probes can I leave them submerged in water within tank during the dry? I’m thinking that I can germinate a seedling in a pod and get it to sprout within the 5 days before placing it into the grobo for next grow.
I was better this round with defoilage but I still have some confidence to build and be a bit more aggressive the next go. I’ve seen some other grows and people trim back a larger amount of fan leaves than what I was comfortable with this time. I added a light at the bottom to see if I could get lights to bottom bud sites in this last week. Should have done this sooner, they immediately responded and started growing. Wifi connection went to crap for some reason, but prior to this the Grobo has pretty much been hands off for me. I’m hoping for a larger yield this time. I also didn’t flush last time, so I’d like to see if there is a difference.
Nice, which lights did you use?
It’s a little flexible grow light , I used to used them in my closet to start my seedlings in the winter for outdoor transplant
Full Spectrum Grow Light for… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NYDVF6V?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Do you think an extra arm would fit in the Grobo? This one is just 7 bucks more for 10 more watts
Yep, they maneuver pretty well. You could fit it, I missed this one when I was browsing.
@Hellyesshedid, are you going to try this?
The way my grow is going right now, it might not be worth it, but if it has a turn around by the time it’s in Flower, I will.
Today is Harvest Day!!! I can see the difference in coloration where lighting was lower. Overall really happy with the yield visually overall so far. Decided to dry in the unit this time. I’ll post the final weights after drying!
Did you take the water out before drying?
Roots, water and debris are to be removed before dry mode is activated. Its best to do a full sanitize and clean before drying.
Helps to keep down staining, mold and boosts proper drying of the harvest.
Yep! I dont think I took any final pics of it. I had to drain the water before the unit let me enter drying mode. Super fair question, I didnt dry in the unit last round. I cleaned out the roots and set up the probes for storage. I had a few more sets of magnets to spread out buds for drying but didnt pull them out.
So did you like the way Grobo dried over the way you usually dry?
My normal method is hanging to dry in a small, dark room with fan and low humidity. This is pretty controlled pace of drying feels more gradual.
Damn, I increased the amount of bud sites with trimming this round, but I think my fear of trimming too many fan leaves had an impact on bud size. My next indoor grow I wont be so hesitant to bend and remove blockers. I missed a a good amount of nuggets that fell off the table to finished at 1.49 let’s call it 1.5oz dried. I ended up with a lot of smaller nuggets vs the last grow or my outdoor grows. The buds are fluffy like marshmallows . But potency from sample was great, and cant wait for flavor to improve as it cures. No fear for the next one, I have to remember this result after 6 months of love lol. Definitely worth it to go ahead and take a chance to see the result. Just wish I’d had 2 units side by side to reduce the waiting time.
Very nice harvest!
Thanks @Bplatinum9, I’m really happy sad about it . I remember the moment where I decided to just let the fan leaves stay because I thought all the growth was still tolerable. The fimming around all the bud sites did seem to make a difference in yield, so that’s a plus for me to remember. This is the first time I’ve yielded popcorn like buds, I haven’t seen that with the outdoor grows previously, so I’ll chuck it up to user error with learning out to use lighting indoors.
Well for what its worth your misfortune is our goldmine and your future progress! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!