Newb and just started today

Hello all. So I got my grobo all setup and the first coco pod broke. Luckily I had a second. Bother we’re very hard to push down. They were a very tight fit and the second one after soaking the bottom inch or so just fell off. Which is what happened to the first. So I’m not sure if I’m screwed now or should continue as is. Pretty frustrating to start since the coco pods don’t even fit in the hole. Any advice? Will the seed get enough water to germinate still with that inch gone? :pray:t3:

3 Likes

If an inch or more fell off it probably is going to be an issue :smirk:. I would submit a ticket and send some pics to the Grobo team and get their input. Have you already planted a seed in the pod?

2 Likes

Yes I did plant a seed. It happened twice and was a very tight fit. Is that normal? I emailed them so we will see.

2 Likes

Got ya, how long did you soak your pod before inserting? Sometimes if they get over saturated it becomes enlarged and very difficult to get into place without breaking.

1 Like

I let it Soak for 5 minutes.

1 Like

Proper.

1 Like

Try sticking a toothpick up through the bottom of the broken part and into the part that’s in the hole. Not an ideal solution, but it should be enough to keep it in place until the roots develop.

If you do try this soak the toothpick in hydroguard or something like hydrogen peroxide. You’ll want to make sure the toothpick is as sterile as possible. May have better luck with a plastic toothpick.

4 Likes

Well shit I threw the ends out. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

D’oh!

2 Likes

Lift your reservoir cover and take a peek at the bottom of the pod. Does it appear wet?

2 Likes

Welcome! :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

It is wet yes and there are beads of water all over the plastic lid underneath so water is definitely getting up there. As long as it’s wet enough anyway

3 Likes

I’m that case I think you’ll be alright. Keep it going and submit a support ticket just to confirm with the Grobo team. Hopefully they can instruct you on how to be sure your pods don’t break in the future as well.

3 Likes

@Tebori,

• ((#Welcome)): :wave::wink:

--

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling: (:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

1 Like

Turns out there were no issues even with that much of the pod missing. A baby Skywalker has been born. There’s still plenty of water accumulating up on the lid and the pod has remained wet the entire time. Thanks all.

5 Likes