New Video! Butter Battle - Levo 2 vs Magic Butter

Hey Growers!

New video is up, this time I make a batch of butter in both the Levo 2 and the Magic Butter 2. Join me as I pour butter molded robots, smiley faces, death knights and more.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Thanks for another great video @Stephen!

One thing that you didn’t mention that people might like to know is the reason for using clarified butter vs butter that hasn’t been separated or clarified into ghee.

Ghee is something like 99% fat vs 80-83% fat content of regular butter and THCs stick to fat, which is why I started using coconut oil. (100% fat). (less evaporation + increased potency) Of course, who doesn’t love butter? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Great video. So glad i made the right choice. So mny questions though.

3 Likes

I love my MB machine

4 Likes

- - - [2020-11.06]:

Nov 6, '20 5:52 AM
@Stephen,

(CaughtOnVideo): (ClickHere):

--

• (#LoveTheVideo): :sparkling_heart: :video_camera:

--

:butter:

~~~

- - - [2021-12.01]:

@Sunanranch,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Great video @Stephen! Thank you for putting this together! I really like the comparison videos!

I noticed that the Levo 2 did not evenly decarb the flower. It looks like the bottom portion of the flower has been scorched. I think this happened with the other decarb/infusion video as well. Is the heating element only located below the decarb chamber?

Check out the Ardent by Nova. A smart, all-in-one decarb machine that evenly decarbs the flower. I’ve tried the oven method but most ovens have an on/off heat cycle that swings the temp by a good 10-15F degrees rather than holding it steady at 245.

Would have loved to have seen a potency test to compare the infusions!

4 Likes

Thanks @miami5th!

I’m using a hack and not the proper instruction for decarbing, so the scorching is my fault. Always trying to improve that potency!

I may do a video in the future with some lab results. Takes more time to make this type of video, but will be worth it to see actual numbers eh?

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Is it correct that keeping the cannabis contained during decarboxilation will increase potency? I notice that all of these machines do keep everything contained and when I do decarb in the oven I make a packet- rather than just spreading out my weed.

I spread it out and put a second sheet of foil on top, sealing the edges but making an air packet for all the cannabinoids and terpenes that are flying around in the heat, then letting it cool before messing with so they can relax and fall back down onto the weed. Is this helpful or not?

2 Likes

When you cover it you retain more of the terpenes (taste/smell) as opposed to letting them boil off into the air, so it’s a matter of preference. When I’ve done it I prefer to cover it (until it has cooled).

4 Likes

@Stephen
We tried it your way vs the container/tray way
Butter was about 5 times more potent than using levos recommended dosing.
Still easy to clean that way too

2 Likes

Great feedback everyone! Getting ready to do a tincture soon. Anyone have any tips?

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes