New Farmer

Hello fellow growe and thank you for the compliment. I did change the water on Jan 31 so a few days ago. I appreciate your suggestion from your experience. I want to see others react before I make a move. Now setting it back to veg i would have to keep the coco like it is because it was too high before in veg state as per my statement above. If i do it how far back in veg state show i go? I like to see @Stephen opinión on my progress so far. Thanks brother

1 Like

Hey @hcapote,

Thanks for the update, I agree the history is really cool! I’d want that plant to be in early vegetative stage for another week or so. Roots look good, but it’s having a bit of a hard time dialing in what it want’s to eat it seems.

You can always reach out to our support team via email and we can have a closer look to assist. Email us at support@grobo.io and we will respond within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

@Stephen I did the below per support. I ask any reason why this happens or it’s just what can happen while growing? In case I did something wrong?

Grobo Support - Danielle (Grobo Support Team)

Feb 2, 2021, 2:05 PM EST

Hey Hector​,

We’ve reviewed your unit using the provided information/photos, and have the following to share:

• pH - Within recipe range. Good!
  • EC - Within recipe range. Good!
  • Temperature - Within optimal growing conditions. Good!
  • Nutrient Dosing - Dosed according to recipe following drain and fill, like normal. Good!

Therefore, from these findings, we have the following to share:

1. All of your unit’s readings are 100% within normal parameters. Looking good!
  2. Yes, we agree with the AG post’s recommendation to put her back into Early Vegetation. She’s much too small to be in Transition. Keep her in veg stage until her height has crested above the First Fan.
  3. We recommend pushing the coco pod up a bit (1-2 inches) to help dry it out.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Take care!

Sincerely,

Danielle​

Grobo Support

5 Likes

You Lookin Good, Even Better Than Expected, Considering You Didn’t Change The Water For A Few Weeks…
Back To Veg.
Just Keep Up With Your Scheduled Maintenance, And You Should Do GREAT!

4 Likes

Hey @hcapote,

@KleanRipz is correct, keep up with that weekly full drain/fill and keep that pH probe tip clean and calibrated and you should continue to see progress in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Hey brother this is grow day 35 still have it at early Vegetation since support told me to wait till it get by the top of the first fan. All water change and hyrograud still been done. I did wonder about humidity and autogrows is it truly a factor? because it seems like she is taking time. I live in the great plains and humidity is around 20% in winter. Inside my Grobo per Boveda its between monthly 30%-31%. I took some pictures. And advice would help thanks again @Stephen

2 Likes

Hey @hcapote,

Thanks for the update! You are looking great over there, nice recovery. You can progress to late vegetation and keep the schedule there until you hit the 2nd fan, then move into transition. In a week or two you can remove some of the under growth (Lolli popping).

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

@Stephen major emergency i left for 4 days to my aunt’s funeral back home. And i come back to a case of damping i had two days left before she went to transition. I feel the coco pod wet i move it up. I took several pics is she dead? The stem feels weak

2 Likes

@hcapote So sorry to hear about your Aunt passing away. To make things even more difficult you came back to an unhealthy plant.

It does look like damping off. Nevertheless you may still be able to save her. Two of my recent plants suffered from damping off but they survived so there is some hope!

Check out my post/guide on damping off:
https://www.allgrowers.com/t/damping-off-victories/9607?u=miami5th

3 Likes

Hey @hcapote,

My condolences on the passing of your aunt.

Thanks for the update on your grow, it does indeed appear you have been attacked and are indeed damping off. The coco pod does look dry, you may be able to raise it a bit more to ensure it is. I have had plants survive and get to harvest, but some just slowly die as their stem is more and more destroyed. Good news is that your plant looks healthy overall and may make it.

Good luck with this one. Keep the pod dry and support the plant best you can.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

hey @miami5th so i was able to add a week of early veg. Pushed the pod up and out toothpicks. I didn’t think about as it gains weight that’s why it went down more and got wet. I did the peroxide thing and i changed the water after two hours. I have to wait till Thursday for small fans. I did out two sticks to help hold her straight. Tell what you think brother. Thanks again for the great advice

3 Likes

Well done @hcapote - that should help the plant fight the damping off. It looks you have the main stem pretty well supported but it’s hard to see at the base where it might be getting very thin. You can try to create a cast out of a plastic straw and cut it so you can enclose the stem in the straw.

Good luck buddy and keep us updated!

3 Likes

Also do you have any Revive and/or Recharge? Now is a good time for both at their normal dosage.

Okay i am going to do the cast also. I just have to wait for fans on thrusday…i have really taken that a plant is a living thing and i want to try to save it. Hopefully this is all not too.late. oh last night it gave me that grobo was thristy.

1 Like

@miami5th

This is the closest shot i could get of the root. I have messed done of coco pod the brace thing was impossible to out on the plant is heavy. Let me know what you think if try to save or end it. Thanks

2 Likes

You might be able to save her. It is kind of a crap shoot at this point. Being 40 days into the grow it would hurt to lose the plant.

I’d give her a week of closely monitoring her condition. Hopefully she will show signs of recovering!

Hey @hcapote,

Love, love, love the support our champ @miami5th is offering and I agree we monitor her for a week with our fingers crossed. But…

This picture worries me that the stem is broken and she won’t be able to recover/repair around her damage. I’ve tried to indicate the different angles I see and the point where the stem breaks. This main stem not only provides structural support, but also contains the vascular system of tubes that supply the rest of the plant with water and nutrients. If the plant were a city, think of this as the main highway. Within the stem system is xylem, which moves the water and nutrients through the tubes. Unfortunately your highway may be broken.

Is there anything left there or does the stem go to an hourglass point?

Kindly,
Stephen

3 Likes

@Stephen @miami5th

Well since this happen Monday here is what she looks like. Stephen i think it might be broken i was thinking to remove the sticks that hold her up to see if she can stand on her own. But also i thought she would be dying by now if the stem is broken. Now it doesn’t seem like she has grown. I had two fans blowing on the coco pod. So should I put her to rest or give her more time? I feel bad it’s a living thing. Well i started the grobo start process and read alot forums and videos. Hopefully this will help avoid dampening off which seems to be chronic with hyropondics. It’s again a ak-47 auto since I got 5 seeds from ILG. I planted her yesterday along with on the right side mint which are such tiny seeds wow. Thanks for all the help!!!

1 Like

If you can , try to keep that main stem upright without any bends or kinks. Use support ties if needed.

I totally understand not wanting to lose a plant. Keep a close eye on her and maybe she will make it. I sure am rooting for you and her!

2 Likes

@hcapote,

• ((#StrawTrick)): :cup_with_straw::green_thumb:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like