Negative pressure in tent

Does this look normal? Brand new gorilla tent setup with 6 inch jet fan and carbon filter. Speed controller is set less than half strength. Temps and humidity are within perfect range! I even opened a couple of the outlet holes to see if it made a difference and alleviate some of the pressure! Advise please! @vegetato
@Vicc @Bplatinum9 @Mpower11 @chris_barfield

4 Likes

Negative pressure is better than positive (or none), especially when using a carbon filter.

I open one of my lower screens an area that is always in the shade, so it doesn’t cause a light leak. It is opened just enough to let some fresh air in but not enough to get rid of all of the negative pressure.

8 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! I wasn’t really sure!

1 Like

I agree I do the same. One thing I did to offset the negative pressure was I added a second carbon filter on the outside of the tent with an intake fan blowing air in.

Now using my trolmaster controls to control temp. So when temp gets high both my intake and exhaust turn on at the same time

The way I have it set I’m still getting negative pressure just isn’t crushing the tent

3 Likes

Definitely a good idea! New to tent growing and any advice is definitely appreciated. I plant 4 plants and 3 out of 4 are already peeking out after 3 days! Definitely more questions along the way I am sure of!

3 Likes

No worries we got your back!

Looks like your have a 2 x 4 with 4 plants. If I’m correct you can do it but that’s going to be full tent with Advanced (or need to know have to train properly) skills needed. So more than likely you will have to do a short veg. Still nothing wrong with that just you need to know if you didn’t know

The super cool news is with the size with that tent you should be 7’11 if my memory is correct. That is a nice bonus to have

4 Likes

Challenge accepted. I am definitely going be looking for advice along the way. If it gets to crowded I can always sacrifice one for the sake of the other 3!

2 Likes

I recommend If you don’t own a scrog net to purchase one or maybe even two

2 Likes

Already got em!

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@Fresh,

• image (IWishIHadSome): {:brain:}:

image vegetato Champion (ForAGreatReason): :green_thumb:

image Mpower11 (ChampionToMe): :green_thumb:

• (TheMoreYouKnow): :brain: