My Stem?!

2 Likes

Much better!! Now just keep your fingers crossed and wait…

1 Like

I’m worried about this! Have y’all exp this before

1 Like

It does look like the roots might have push the plant up out of the pod. Let see if we can’t get some more opinions from some more experienced people. @SilverGrobo @Mpower11 @Vicc @Bplatinum9 @Stephen

1 Like

Yes idk what to do… I probably didn’t put the seed deep enough on the coco pod

This is a classic case of dampening off that tried to correct itself.
Keep a fan on low and if it won’t stay up on her own strap her to a chopstick/straw like you did or a pencil until her stalk thickens up.

Look closely at your pic inside the red circle, you can see how the stem is narrow at the bottom closer to the pod than it is up top! That’s how you know its dampening off! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

I agree with @Bplatinum9 looks like damp off to me also

5 Likes

So what should I do

2 Likes

If it was my plant I would start over.

Next seed follow what Bobbie recommend it will help a lot

3 Likes

I started over

3 Likes

At that point,I would have too.

1 Like

The straw can act like a splint or cast. Ideally you want the straw to surround the stem. Simply cut/split the straw down the middle so you can wrap it around the stem where it needs support.

No need to kill the grow as she is salvageable. Check out my post by searching for Damping Off Victories

1 Like

First time exp this… I started over used cinnamon on the coco pod this time… hoping fir the best

1 Like

Cinnamon? Never heard of using that

3 Likes

The damping off occurred because there was too much moisture in the cocopod. On your next grow I would start by not pushing the cocopod down so far into the lid. Leave it sticking out about 1-2 inches.

Additionally, make sure you squeeze the cocopod after soaking it in water. Proactively place a small fan pointed at the cocopod so it helps dry it out.

3 Likes

Once the seed germinates, the pod should be dry. If the pod holds moisture, the plant will think that is the level of the water. Since the plant also needs some of the roots exposed to air, it will have to form roots above the moisture. Since the moisture is in the pod, that means roots have to come out above the pod. This is why the stem becomes soft and no longer supports weight. In order to prevent this, as soon as the plant emerges from the pod, keep the pod as dry as possible and increase the RH to about 60-70%. The leaves will absorb the water until the roots develop and reach the reservoir. The stem can’t absorb water, so the pod should be completely dry.

4 Likes

5 Likes

She looks happy how’s the moisture on the coco pod

1 Like

Started over and coco pad not so moist

2 Likes

You could probably get away with lifting the pod a few just so it won’t be touching the water other than that great job let her be congrats on your lil girl welcome the world lil one

2 Likes