Lost my opportunity to top?

Meaning chop the whole top off after the 5th node or wait for the 6th that will be popping probably tomorrow?

4 Likes

You can top at (almost) any point. Just depends on how you want to train. What are you growing? Genetics make all the difference…

6 Likes

Thanks, good to know. Growing Gorilla Glue.

6 Likes

She’s gorgeous and Sativa dominant (she’s going to stretch). Is this your first grow?

2 Likes

GG#4 has a very beautiful structure (my favorite one to look at thus far) however very stretchy. You’re definitely going to want to top her at least once. She can get quite tall, I have 3 of them growing at the moment.

3 Likes

She’s a beaut. Perfect for mainlining at #3, My $.02. Right? Wrong forum, sry.

3 Likes

This is my 7th grow, first one that I germinated in the Start and held until late veg. 5 of the first 6 died due to dampening off.

3 Likes

I will top her, just didn’t want to top right after transplanting. She drooped a little for a couple days and got me nervous.

3 Likes

You can let her recover and top her anytime while she’s still in veg really. Just wait until she’s happy, also make sure to change the water and give her fresh nutes when you do, she’ll recover faster

5 Likes

Sounds good, thanks!

3 Likes

@Wake,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (WatchStephenGrowTwo [:two:] Grows):

- - -

@Wake,

• (I Was Over The First Fan Mark When I Topped Our [AcapulcoGoldGrow] For A Clone):

- - -

@Wake,

• (#YourGrowYourCall):

• (I Would Clean Up Anything Below Maybe 5 Inches Of Your Scrog):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Yes, you can 100% top. You need at least 5 “nodes” or otherwise known as sets of leaves. I topped mine after 6 because of the transfer. She went into a mini shock after for a few days but is growing great again.

3 Likes

Its ok to top on the 4th or 5th nodes! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

I wanted to update this since I started the thread. The top worked out great! Picture below. It has been a week and the plant has grown quite a bit.

3 Likes

Thread update. The plant is growing pretty well.

2 Likes

Update. On day 2 of flower and looking good I think. The little

hairs have started to bud up in places, so exciting! Some of the leaves look purple or brownish but it’s just the picture, she is very green everywhere. :heart_eyes::+1:

5 Likes

Only 4 days have passed and she is producing buds and still stretching nicely.

3 Likes

Oh BTW yes, if you look close you can see two bottles on the bottom of the Grobo. They are DIY CO2 and have tubes that run down behind each fan to ensure at least it gets circulated. I know you need an enclosed structure for CO2 to really perform as well as stronger lights but I thought, meh, can only help.

2 Likes

Getting there… Smells like cat pee still but after touching it your hand smells like Fruity Pebbles, it’s amazing.

4 Likes

Looka great @Wake

2 Likes