Looking into a Grobo

I am a 100% novice in the world of indoor, hydroponic growing, but I’ll add horticulture classes I took in college as electives were my favorite courses.

I feel the Grobo is likely the most intuitive and novice friendly system I have discovered. Not to put the cart before the horse and pre-plan a bumper harvest quite yet, how successful are Grobo users finding their germination percentages? I was taken aback to find companies that sell feminized seeds are charging ransom amounts per seed. After shipping and tracking options, seems some quality seeds may run up to $15 each which makes me wonder how many of them will fail? Any input on the germination rate? BTW…I saw one seed company say NOT to put the seed into a fiber cup, but to put it in a wet paper towel. Grobo instructs to add seed into the cup, so one more research question to add to my list.

Just processing some key points before I drop the cash outlay…just being fully aware.

Thanks to all!

6 Likes

I’ve had 100 percent germination In every seed I’ve popped so far. But germinate our the coco pod then put it in

3 Likes

What’s the key, Chris…germinate in a wet paper towel, then transplant carefully into the fiber cup?

1 Like

I soak for 24 hours if I don’t see tail after 24 hours then I move it to damp paper towel inside a sandwich baggy to create humidity then place in a dark warm area and wait for it germinate a tail. Once I see a tail I want I place it in the coco pod. I kind of just let it fall in without touching or if I do have to move it I use a chicken skewer and only touch the shell of the seed… but that’s just me @MT3

8 Likes

15$ for a seed is great. Most I’ve bought range from 30 to 100. Shop around. I planted a total of 6 seeds this year so far 2 were males (bagged) and the remaining four will be females so I should be good.
Your gonna love the grobo my friend

2 Likes

I bought seeds offline from breeders used in the grobo recipe list and got 5 seeds for $50 shipped. And as far as germinating I did just as instructed in the video and dropped the dry seed right into the soaked coco pod. It’s growing perfect

5 Likes

I second the “drop in the pod and forget it” method. I’ve successfully germinated two plants this way from seeds I’ve held onto over two years. (Granted I accidentally killed my first plant so…)

3 Likes