Lollipping

That looks easy enough, thank you. Should I wait a few days for the plant to recover, or do it now ?

1 Like

My advice is now, do everything possible to slow it down. Plants typically stretch 2 to 3 times their start height when transitioning from veg to flower. Obviously you don’t have room for that to happen.

3 Likes

Done. Thanks for the education.

3 Likes

Umm doesn’t Transition mean flowering? What is the reasoning for skipping ahead? @SWSVIC

1 Like

@Rock57u got some super cropping to do for sure- the growth in veg state for your plant is ridiculous! Wow. Only 40 days and it got that big ?

1 Like

Transition allegedly stimulates more stretch by giving the plant more blue light, by skipping ahead to Flower the grobo will give the plant more red light which will aid in subduing stretch (hopefully).

1 Like

Got it. It looks much more manageable now.

@SWSVIC I’m confused -but more blue light causes shorter squatter plants and helps with roots and chroyphll production? Which makes sense in the veg phase. I’m not sure why they would give more blue during transition which is flowering. That makes no sense to me. Did Grobo post that somewhere. I love to read it

Perhaps my understanding is flawed (very likely). I am basing my theory based on a post above from @vegetato. Perhaps he can properly explain why the skip to flower a good idea for this plant in particular.

@SWSVIC see the animated graphic here:

That was originally found further down the page here: Grobo Grow Boxes | Automatic Nutrient Dosing | Grow up to 3oz

The reason to skip transition is to get that slight dip in the blue to happen, and get the red in sooner. I believe transition is similar to veg with just a schedule change.

3 Likes

I’m talking to Support today regarding my LED lights. I finally got it to turn off during the night cycle. I’ll ask about the details of the transition phase

1 Like

Teamwork makes the dream work :muscle:

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll check back later.

@Rock57,

• ((#Welcome)): :wave: :wink:

[ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=TooTall ]

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/omg-no-more-space/6628/10

--

:infinity:

1 Like

I know. 1st. Grow. I didn’t know any better. I do now thanks to SWSVIC. Can’t let it grow past the bottom of the top fan.

2 Likes

Awe so Grobo is saying- “let the plant grow into the 2nd fan” :worried:. I was wondering where everyone was getting that from.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s grobo that recommended it first (if at all). It is a common recommendation from champs here on AG as a majority of grows were yielding such low amounts due to small plants caused by following recipe timeline with no extension for growth. I am sure that they all understood that you must read your plant in order to make the best decision on when to flip to transition/flower. However, it is much more simple when offering advice to first time/novice growers to just give a hard target. The recommendation to me was: “Extend late veg until Sativa/Sativa Dom plants reach bottom of second fan and Indica/Indica Dom plants reach the top of the second fan”.

2 Likes

I think that is in their info “transition page” third paragraph ?

3 Likes

Hey brother any ideas how I stop the stretching she’s at transition day 9 of 14? First-time grower afraid to crop and lollipop too much

2 Likes

That happened to me on my 1st. Grow. I had to defoliate the plant by removing all the fan leaves in the middle and on the bottom of the plant. Some near the top also

. If you can’t see through your plant them it’s to thick. Also I skipped the transition stage after day 2 and went into flowering to try to slow down the growth and concentrate on growing Buds. It still got a little taller as you can see. You plant will continue to grow in transition stage.

1 Like