Just ordered Grobo

Only issue is it will cause the nutrients to combine. Don’t think there is anyway around that other than 2 chillers. :tired_face:

1 Like

Sorry, I should’ve mentioned that I would be using GH nutes for both. I bought glass versions of the grobo bottles that should fit perfectly in the original bottles place. I’m aware that I’m breaking the rules here, but it shouldn’t take much for the Grobo to get calibrated to the new nutes. It’s just a matter of reading what the plant is telling you and adjusting accordingly.

Going to shoot you a DM.

Copy

@Aang thanks for the detailed list!

1 Like

@Jojo420,

(#NeededForGrow):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=NeededForGrow%20

(#Magnets):

--

@Cutty3026,

((#Welcome)): :wave::wink:

(SeedTrade):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=seed%20trade

--

5 Likes

The water temperature, I believe, is based on you room temp. At least that’s my experience, my room temp the grobo is in runs between 17c-19c, the water temp stays in line with that.

Also, the only thing I have purchased is a water thermometer and a thermometer/humidity reader. That’s only because I wanted to know, not that it was totally necessary.

2 Likes

Water temp can vary from your room temp because of humidity and other variables. A few of us have gotten these cheap thermometers (2 for $6):

1 Like

Just ordered mine as well. Didn’t get any mods on it so hope it runs like it’s suppose to. If you don’t mind asking, what kind of seed(s) are you trying our first? Me some granddaddy gorilla.

4 Likes

Welcome @Cutty3026 to the Grobo family! Nice choice on your strain, I went for Pineapple Express myself. This is a great community so reach out with any questions you may have.

Where did you get the seeds from?

:slight_smile: :herb: :smile:

1 Like

From a last strain I picked up. Going to order some AK, but what you working with? Wanted to see if anyone trade seeds here as well.

1 Like

They run fine for about two grows approx eight months.
Don’t think they were built for long term considering the cost.

wait what?..the grobo is good for 2 grows?..am i missing something? lmbao

2 Likes

No the water thermometer that was posted above.

1 Like

oh yea waste of money and time…if your comfortable in the room your plants in…your plant is comfy too…no need for the extra monitoring unless you growing for patients,but for personal use absolutely overkill

2 Likes

The temperature monitor is for the water, not the plant. When the water temperature reaches 72°F is where bad things happen (bacteria growth that can kill the plant) - we want to keep it around 70°F or lower as much as possible (and/or use treatment to buffer that boundary a bit).

1 Like

@vegetato i know the meter is for the water and you can use products like hydrogaurd to prevent root rot if water temps are high but monitoring water temps is overkill for personal use…ive done frozen water bottles to expensive ass chillers to keep water temps down in dwc…not worth it to get quality buds…diff story for commercial growers but for this lil grobo…def not needed

2 Likes

this is a very subjective topic :wink: I have to disagree with you, as in my case it’s one of the only metrics I need to monitor on a day to day basis. But for some it is totally unnecessary, yes.

The reason I disagree is because I weigh the expense of a $20 thermometer against the time taken to start over because I didn’t notice the water temp had increased.

2 Likes

hey,whatever works for you…is all that matters lol ,but ive done small and ive done scale

1 Like

you must be very relaxed with your grow not to catch root rot lol ive cut roots all the way to the net pot and she recovered

1 Like