Just got my Gen 2

Have you tried resetting the WiFi by pressing and holding the button on the back of the unit?

1 Like

I will try that. How long do I need to hold it?

1 Like

Until it flashes green.

1 Like

I am not getting a flashing green it goes blue then back to green. Held it for about a minute 2 or 3 times no dice

1 Like

I am good and Grobo 2 is up and running.

2 Likes

I recommend getting the start to pop your seeds and get the plant going good. That way you can cut down cycle time between harvests. Plus, when you harvest you will already have a plant in late veg and booom, your harvests just increased by 50 percent at least for the year. I went from 4 harvests a year to 8 with this method.

2 Likes

I am in flower just like you mine takes a little over a third gallon every 3 days to around 1.3 gallons or so every week in between drain and fills (top offs) but during the seedling and veg stages you won’t need much water, if any at all!

1 Like

Honestly, I hope the Black Friday sale bumps them down to $50 and I’ll end up doing just that.

As of now, I’ve spent 6 days trying to figure out why my seed isn’t even sprouting and I’ve come to the conclusion that my room is just WAY too cold. I put a space heater upstairs and waited 45 minutes, already the box feels much more humid after opening.

Should be getting in my second replacement water level sensor today. The folks at Grobo are giving me some plant food and support racks for my trouble which is highly appreciated. Here’s to smooth sailing ahead.

2 Likes

I agree. I have plants in flower not taking a gallon of water.

I suggest doing a drain and fill. Make sure the unit stops on its own. Lift the lid to see what is left (drain) and at what level it stops at (fill). Test the sensors to make sure they are operating correctly.

You have to do several tests before the plant roots get too large. Then it is too difficult to lift the lid and the light is a negative for the roots…

3 Likes

Thanks, I think I will as I lost a seed :grinning: and only have a couple more.

1 Like

@Stephen @Todd.grobo I can’t get the fan to stay up. Now both magnets have come off, they are not sticking to the back of the fan. If not for the strap I put on it, it would have fell as it was hanging there just now. I might look for a way to mount it better with a screw somehow.

This is only FYI as I fixed mine with the extra strap, but think some of the others are going to have this too.

1 Like

This is how it looked when I got up this morning. I wonder if you can drill thru the magnets and attach them with a screw to the bottom or not? I would try, but dont have a drill, it died a couple weeks back.

1 Like

I had this same problem! They sent me extra tape but it still didn’t work. Absolutely the worst solution. Please keep us updated as to the resolution here! I would love to use my fans too eventually lol.

1 Like

That is my fix :grinning: at least it is up. I put the strap magnets all the way up to the top and I tightened the wire a little more. You might be able to secure it this way to the “top”, I did not try that yet. Or set it on the bottom like we did with the fans in the Grobo 1. I know not the ideal fix, just trying to not spend to much time on this. As as long as its running and moving the air is the important thing.

2 Likes

What’s your magnet sticking to on your unit wall?
Have you applied the double-sided tape to the magnets, it looks like they are not staying attached to the plastic base which is why it’s falling off.

2 Likes

I know, that is the problem, :grinning: the magnets wont stay attached to the fan. The tape or whatever is on them wont hold.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with fan falling.

1 Like

Watch your floor as my Grobo 2 just emptied itself for no reason on them. Now I have a mess to clean up.

What new features are you excited about?

1 Like

Compared to the original, this is much quieter as it is sealed better and doesn’t have the 2 back fans, also stops a lot of light leaking without them. The drain and fill hoses being outside now are some thing I wanted to do to Grobo 1 before, so makes things a lot easier. You can also seal it better and do some things are you are the one assembling it. I took my time and did a few things.

If you never had a Grobo 1, these might not seem like much, but light leaks and trying to keep the noise down, were 2 things I thought could have been better and now with Grobo 2 they are.

4 Likes