Just got my Gen 2

Got everything in. Went to set up. Calibrated EC meter. App recommends “health check”. I do “health check” and it forces me to calibrate. I calibrate, it forces me to do a “health check”. Then it forces me to calibrate.

Please help.

EDIT: Restarted machine, cant get out of this endless loop. If I was accidentally sent a broken EC meter on top of everything, I won’t be surprised but I will absolutely be disappointed.

EDIT 2: Spoke to Todd at Grobo. They mentioned that I may need to update the firmware on the Grobo 2 unit. Of course, you can’t get to the settings in the app where this can be done until you pass the calibration screen.

Damn! So what’s ur options at this point? Sounds like a headache! Just got my box but I won’t get around to putting it together til tomorrow.

2 Likes

I feel for you dude, seems like you have inadvertently been a beta tester for the grobo 2 and have encountered every bug possible!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not stoked. At this point, the Grobo has become the most expensive mistake I’ve ever made. The machine is now technically assembled but totally broken without any possibility for repair on my end.

I specifically stated that I can not get past the setup process to get into the main menu. I sent screenshots that demonstrate this. Todd emailed me back this:

So I understand you have built the unit and are in the processing of calibrating and you’re experiencing an endless EC loop. I have not heard of that yet on these units, I will definitely share that with the team. Are you able to skip this step after a power cycle?

I do see your unit connected online with the original firmware still on. Can you try updating your firmware via Settings / About my Grobo?

If you’ve still saved that EC calibration solution you are more than welcome to try calibrating again with the newest firmware updated and let me know how it goes. I will report back your findings to the team!

So I’m not sure where to go from here. Odd he hasn’t heard anything about this from other users of the Gen 2. I wonder why? Maybe they’ll update the app and I’ll be able to update the firmware, but it will require recalibration using liquid I no longer have any more of. Maybe the probe is broken. Maybe it’s a ghost. Who knows.

1 Like

I’m just curious if any of you did ANY research before buying. Us Gen 1’s are still beta testers in a sense. We still have issues, but support is TOP NOTCH and takes care of issues as soon as possible. So cool your jets. I understand it’s a lot of money, but you could’ve bought a Seedo or Leaf and either never got your product or the company already went under. There are issues, and grobo has already seen them and addressed them. Relax, take a breath, and you’ll be growing in no time.

1 Like

No, I’m not going to “relax” about this. Yes, Grobo is a company that has consistently shown to be reasonable at customer support. No, its not normal for a product to have all these issues. Yes, they should have messaged me as soon as I placed my order to explain the situation. No, it’s not unreasonable to be frustrated after getting the missing parts and then having the app freeze me out of using the machine.

So yes, I could have bought from some other company that went under. But no, I didn’t. And perhaps I’ll be growing in no time, but as of now - I’m just not growing.

:man_facepalming:

How did you get all the replacement parts already, I am still waiting? They said might not start shipping them until next week I thought?

Hi there I’m running into the same problem with short wires. How did u fix this problem ?

1 Like

All my wires were correct except the grey wire that goes from bottom of grobo to top of grobo. Other then that my box is in pretty good shape. Just stopped a little more than halfway becuz I’m waiting on cord to finish.

2 Likes

Nothing we can do. A lot of issues, yes…

The more we try to help, the more it fuels his fire :fire:.

This one says step back and wait.

1 Like

Put in a ticket. They will ship you out the missing part

1 Like

I am about the same, except I am also missing all the screws for the 3 bottom pieces. :grinning: All 8 are missing and the door hinge pin is to thick to fit. So I did as much as I could and will wait for the parts and hopefully start my grown a week later.

I am OK, not going to fuss as I know nothing I can do to change it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I can fix the wire myself, just not the door and not sure if my water tray piece is right or not.

1 Like

Update: Gen 2 unit is online. Let’s see where this goes.

4 Likes

So what was the “fix” as this might happen to more of us? Was it only doing an update first ?

1 Like

Please post about your issue and the solution you implemented. That’s how we all learn. Makes it a little easier knowing someone else had the issue and solved it. It reduced my anxiety and panic :upside_down_face: knowing I did not have to reinvent the wheel.

Did not mean to be harsh earlier. We have ALL been where you are/were and someone on the forum said be patient and wait on a reasonable fix. I did. It wasn’t Gold or even silver. I compromised…

Now I am up and growing. I am Happy as Hell I waited and worked with the Grobo Team. The product has some problems but once you get it running… It Damn Sure Works!

3 Likes

Relax! Be patient! Take a breath!

Just kidding. Happy to share my solution.

I just reset the WiFi connection by putting the box into pairing mode from the back (just press and hold the power button until the front light goes green) and upon reconnect - the device shows as online. The first thing I did was upgrade my firmware, but after that I was ready to go.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Congratulations! Hope u have much success from here on out! Sounds like ur ahead of the curve. I’m waiting on spare parts and I’ll be growing along with ya!

4 Likes

Omg thought I was the only one !! We spent 2 hours assembling yesterday just to have that happen to us too with the cable ribbon. Good to know that we weren’t going crazy.

3 Likes