Is my plant where it should be?

I am on day 32 of my grow and on day 5 of 14 for late veg. My question is if my plant is looking as if it should be given how long its been growing?

2 Likes

@mary_jane,

I think you are just fine, but if you want to extend the late veg to get it a little taller you have the ability to do so: Check out our three grows: Stages in a grow:

--

:wink::green_thumb:

5 Likes

What silver said. Maybe add a week and shell be good

2 Likes

Just keep in veg until it hits the second fan, continue/start low stress training and flip to flower.

I’m not a fan of this suggestion as each breed of plant grows to different heights. My plants at the 2nd fan are all burning at the top in flowering stage. I’d make sure you know your plants genetics first before growing to max size in the space
Hence why grow journal photos are great to compare grow to grow

4 Likes

I concur. If it’s sativa dominant flip lower than the second fan. If it’s indica dominant, flip at second fan. But Todd is correct, in that there are multiple variables. This is also a reason we try and find a strain we really like and then grow her out 5-10 times to get more aquatinted with her personality and how she wants to grow :+1::v:

5 Likes

Anybody ever grow a 50/50 indica/sativa wonder when is the best time to start flower on these?

1 Like

I’d err on the side of caution and flip about an inch below second fan, just to see where it ends up and adjust further grows accordingly :+1::v:

2 Likes

That matches with my thoughts… Cool!!!:sunglasses::eyes::crossed_fingers::seedling:

2 Likes

Well I think obviously if you know genetics will make something shorter you can let it grow taller and vice versa. Do we have to go thru every variable of training vs when to start flower, too?

Without OP throwing up a strain I’m left to assume it’s not a tall grower if it’s middle of late Veg at the first fan. Maybe I added too much context to my suggestion. Anyone think OP shouldn’t flip to flower at the 2nd fan?

Kinda confused how my suggestion of “flip at the bottom of the second fan” isn’t the same as “if it’s sativa flip a little before, if it’s indica flip a little after”. Yea, adjust variables based on your situation :+1:

1 Like