Humidity keeps going up

Congrats, it’s a solid unit, my only issue was not being able to set the Humidity. You will be able to create something to divert the hot air up. I was as it comes out at a 60-70 degree angle (kinda upward)

I’m going to use duct tape and 4 in duct tube and tape it to this dehumidifier and put the other end out a side port on the bottom of tent as well as my hose ( Ha!). You also said it blew cold as well earlier which means that will bring down my temp and my humidity too. All this while draining this thing. If I can make this happen and this works, score!!!

2 Likes

It does push cool air out of the back, remember that you need to put the unit in “continuous mode” for the back drain to engage and it uses gravity to drain (no pump)

Keep us posted, hope it works out for you

To think I was going to put this thing in my tent ha! It could fit but I would have no room to work! So after research and trying different things this is what I came up with and I think I’m sticking with it. So yeah here we go, I covered the back of the humidifier and put duct up and then down into a vent in my tent. I then made another box on the other side with the same thing but with an extra hole underneath just to make sure it doesn’t overheat, then it goes to another carbon filter. (After all I was now pulling not only the humidity but the odor that will soon to come, this is why I put a carbon filter on it. During the day it will get to 80 degrees right above light but that’s ok for now. Then I just have the dehumidifier on constant mode draining into drain pipe for furnace. So what you guys think about setup? Good or just a fire hazard? :thinking:

3 Likes

I would try to replace cardboard sections with something more heat resistant like a plastic tub that size maybe. Cardboard at least on the exhaust side has got me little anxious. Looks functional tho :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Good point, thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to take off box and then line it with this.

3 Pack PTFE Teflon Sheet for Heat Press Transfer Sheet Non Stick 16 x 20" Heat Transfer Paper Reusable Heat Resistant Craft Mat

$6.69

2 Likes

I think it was very creative, but agree that the cardboard may get really warm running in continuous. Are you satisfied with your unit?

1 Like

I do like the unit and it works great! I just bought,

3 Pack PTFE Teflon Sheet for Heat Press Transfer Sheet Non Stick 16 x 20" Heat Transfer Paper Reusable Heat Resistant Craft Mat

$6.69

I’m going to take off the box and then I’m going to line it with this.

2 Likes

I just went down to see if it was warm and not really but this will make me more at ease with this. Plus I did put like a 3/8 hole in the box to help

3 Likes

But like I said before I do like the unit it works very well. The warm air coming out does have some push to it. It’s very efficient and I’m glad I got it! How’s yours working out?

2 Likes

JamesSneakers here having opposite humidity issues. Struggling to keep my tent :tent: in low to mid 50’s and they are babies. I live in the tropics and have a/c in my house,which keeps the humidity under control. I have all theses useless plastic herb jars from the dispensary. My thought was to take the lids and put some stones and water, then place them in the plant dishes all around my plants to generate moisture…like in greenhouses or steam rooms. I am retired and disabled and never leave my house so it’s not like I don’t have the time to check and change water.

1 Like

I have some hydroponic stones that I might use for those lids because they should generate some humidity when wet and warm from light

Save on electric bill and cuts down on mold from mist I would think

1 Like